Chapter 53: Fight

--Kaleb's Point of View--

The last four people to fight are myself ,Stevie, Melanie and Britni. The males against males and females against females. The one who lost the fights are still recovering but are awake. We are now on the roof again, ready for the semi-finals.

Britni and Melanie step up and touch knuckles.

I begin the countdown "Five....four.....three....two.....fight"

--Britni's Point of View--

Her fist connects to my stomach instantly and she brings her knee straight into my nose. I wrap my arms around her and lift with all my strength. I have her over my shoulders as I drop her onto the cement. I take my fists and strike her face three or four times before I get pulled off. I stare into Kaleb's eyes and then I push him off me. Melanie has somehow managed to stand. She ducks at my kick but throws a predictable right hook into my jaw.

I step back and act like I am going to throw a kick but then I switch it up and punch her. She takes the hit and grabs my shirt. She flings me onto the ground but I dont budge. I just take my fists and slam them against her sides. She lets go which was her mistake.

--Melanie's Point of View--

I pull her shirt, which was a cheap shot. But I am in a daze after her slamming me. My head is warm with blood in the back, I can feel it.

I take a few hits and let go of her. I'm not trying to kill her...just win. But then she jumps into the air. Her two feet connect to my chest. I fly back into Kaleb. He gets tripped up and we fall. But instead of my head hitting the cement. It hangs off the edge of the roof.

I frantically turn to see Kaleb falling.

His hand extends and Stevie is already grabbing it. Just barely saved him.

My heart is racing and I take the loss. I have Stevie stitch me up before Kaleb and Him face off. Whoever wins has to climb the dragster..against Britni...probably the most agile person we have.

--Kaleb's Point of View--

The countdown is started from ten. I pace back and forth and do ten push-ups to get the blood flowing. After almost falling off the roof, my adrenaline is flowing and I am doing my best to keep it doing so.

--Stevie's Point of View--

I know Kaleb's adrenaline is flowing...but so is mine, after watching that last fight, and with him almost falling to his death. I got into the moment.

The countdown reaches zero, and the words "begin, and fight" are the last two. 

Kaleb gets up from doing push-ups and stands there. He slowly moves his left leg forward and plants it onto his toes. He does some sort of hand motion.

--Kaleb's Point of View--

I distract Stevie with weird hand motions. Then I strike. I jump at him throwing punches. They all connect and he finally throws his hands to block. I feel his leg in my side, but no pain follows. 

The adrenaline coursing our veins prevents the pain receptors in our bodies from feeling the pain. I  throw my elbow into his temple. It misses but still connects with his cheek. He gives me a look and I dont see his uppercut. I do feel it though and I step back. I throw my left leg above my head and jump, twisting my body as my right leg hits his jaw.

I take my left hand and form a fist and strike his nose. He throws a couple punches into my abdomen, I flex and grapple him. I lift him up and take him over to the door to the floor beneath us. I open it up and throw him down the stairs. He tumbles down and hits the wall after. I skip down the stairs and try to give him an elbow drop. He rolls over and I make a connection with the carpeted floor. 

He kicks me in the head and I flip onto my back. I try to get up but he body slams me. He lands a few elbows into my face but I finally get the jump on him. I throw him off me and he lands onto his back intaking the fall. I stand up and grab a picture off the wall and throw it like a disc at him. He grabs it and repeats what I did, only I dont react fast enough. It hits my eye and I have to keep it closed. Thats going to leave a bruise.

I run at him and jump off the wall. I flip through the air grabbing his neck. I bring it down with me and his head hits the floor. He seems to have felt it because he sits there for a second. I lift him and bring him down the hall. But he counters and throws me into a door.

I break through it and hit the floor. I grab a piece of the door and slap it against his face. That is the finishing blow and he falls onto me unconscious.

I move him off me and walk into the hall. Everyone is standing there with their jaws hanging.

"What the hell?" Andrew calls out. I feel my cheeks get red and I place my hand on my neck..I give a sly smile. "Well...the adrenaline was flowing...and...well"

I notice Phillip's facial expression shifts. I turn around to see Stevie standing there. He raises his fist.

--

I wake up two hours later. I'm in the same room I was thrown into earlier.

I walk out and up the stairs to the roof. Everyone is there and all just sitting there relaxing and showing off their new bruises or cuts.

"Ahh there he is!" Stevie says. I give him a smile and "Good fight" he laughs and says "I had you fooled...but..you did seriously hurt my face haha" I notice the welt from his jaw up. I can't feel my right eye and I notice it isnt even open. "How does my eye look?"

"Ahh...I'd put some ice on it" Britni says.

"Well guys....the finalists.... Stevie and Britni..you guys ready to make the climb?" Cole asks, shifting the subject over. "Well...I am if she is" Stevie answers, then we all look at Britni who just shakes her head. The day has turned to night, giving the perfect touch for the final round.

I decide to put a twist.

"Hey guys...I know its to see who can climb the fastest....but how about a fight...on the top catwalk?"

Everyone gives me a look of excitement. Except Andrew.

"No..thats too dangerous...it could escalate like you two's" he says referring to Stevie and I's brawl. His argument is shut down, by Britni herself who thinks it is a good idea.

--

We stand at the foot of the dragster. Britni on one side, and Stevie on the other.

"Go!" I scream.

They start the climb, Stevie taking it fast at first but once he gets to the incline he slows down a little bit, but meanwhile Britni is already a quarter the way there!

--

Britni is the first to reach the top, she then climbs down onto the top catwalk platform, where Phillip once stood with a sniper so many years ago.

Stevie reaches the top and drops onto the platform, a risky move.

--Stevie's Point of View--

I reached the top and noticed Britni below me. I decide not to climb down, I drop onto the platform and land next to her. I swing my arm but I feel myself slip.