Chapter 46: New Plans

--Phillip's Point of View--

 We rode off into the night. The highway rather clear. I discuss Florida with the friends I ride with, I wonder what the others chat about in Kaleb's vehicle. "So...who do you think dropped that nuke?" Britni asks from the backseat beside Andrew. "I believe that there is some sort of government of ours out there.....and that they have waited long enough and think its time to start clearing out some of the high-populated areas" Renaldo throws in. "But...where we were wasnt a highly populated area....theres more big cities....whoever it was...I believe we were there primary targets...not the walkers" I state boldly.

Everyone has to stop and comprehend what I just said. Then Andrew butts in with " Ya' know...he could be right...We have taken down multiple bases and even slaughtered military outposts that werent already butchered...but that leaves one question. Why use such equipment to take out a small group of young adolescents such as ourselves....?"

As we drive I contemplate about Andrews cold words. He isnt wrong, and he has a valid point. "Well Andrew...why didnt they just send a hit team to take us out, or even apprehend us? Well, maybe there is only a small portion of these said officials..maybe a couple senators or some people living in the White house? Maybe they only have a certain cache of available weapons to use?" Then Renaldo shifts over and makes another valid point. "Well, this is all theoretical. For all we know, they could be slowly nuking the country or..world...theres no way to tell..unless..." "Unless what?" We all question.

"Unless we go to the White House ourselves...or the Pentagon"

"Are you suggesting? That we....go there?"

"It'd be the only way to figure anything out relating to our said speculations. Our only way to clarify if the government had any inolvement with that nuke"

I honk my horn, letting Kaleb to pull over.

"Let's tell chief about this" I say to the others.

--Kaleb's Point of View--

Riding through the night on this lonely highway, I hold a conversation between Stevie, Melanie and myself, Ryan sits next to Melanie passed out.

"So...how did you get Melanie out of that walker mess?" Stevie starts, I change my position and dominate the armrest before speaking. "Well, Hunter was behind us luckily, and I asked for his sword and he had told me no. I kicked him whilst taking the sword out, gave him an order and continued on to save Melanie who was a few moments away from sure infection" "I still can't thank you enough for that either Kaleb" Melanie says placing a hand on my shoulder.

I look in the rearview mirror and wink at her. She gives a sly smile and leans back in her seat. Stevie stops picturing the scene and asks how I knew where to go once I came across the empy campsite. "To answer that...my first impression was that Hunter had betrayed me. I was right too. So we just went North. I eventually saw you guys and was more than delighted"

"We were happy that you guys showed up..especially in that sickass car...this car" Stevie says patting the dash. I let out a short lifed chuckle as Phillip lets a honk out. I take the signal and pull over.

I roll my window down and he pulls up, Renaldo rolls the window down and leans back for Phillip to speak.

"So...where are we headed?" He asks, I think and just answer "North...away from there" "Well....these guys and I think...we should head over to the....Pentagon"

"The Pentagon? Like the Pentagon?" I ask flabbergasted. "Yes, so lets go find a map...and head our asses over there....find out some information we've all been waiting to know" Phillip says as he burns out and pushes his horses to the max. I take his challenge and put the pedal to the metal literally and get smacked into the back of my seat, I roll the window up and watch as I pass up Phillip, shooting him a play face as we pass.