Chapter 60: Alarm

--Britni's Point of View--

"Kaleb! No!" I scream repeatedly. His body falls back and off of the roof. I turn to see his gun in the air flying towards Andrew. He extends his arms to catch it by the barrel. He brings it to him and pulls the hammer back. He stands up and rushes over to Cole. He smashes the barrel into his skull and starts screaming "That was your best fucking friend! All he wanted was to survive with you...he could've ditched you in the beginning...but he didn't! How could you?" He asks him in a rage. Cole doesn't respond and Andrew smashes his head in with the butt of the pistol. He hits him over and over. I spot a few more men rushing onto the roof, Melanie must have called them in.

I turn to see Melanie running towards me. "Make it fast" I say, assuming she is going to kill me right here and now. Instead she reveals a knife and drops it. She runs towards the men screaming frantically.

They take her away to a safer place and a few more stay to apprehend Andrew and I. Andrew looks up and shoots the head of one. He pulls the hammer back again and takes one of the masked men into his arms. He takes him hostage and tells them to leave the roof.

I start to work through my ropes with the knife.

One of the men steps off to the side and pulls out a rifle, he gets onto his knees and aims at Andrews head. Andrew hasn't spotted him, I cut through the rope, stand up and throw the knife at him.

It makes a clean landing right into his forehead. He falls off the roof and I run at Ryan to take him. I pick him up and Andrew blows a hole into his hostage's head. Ryan starts to squirm and tries to escape my grip. I clench him tighter and Andrew finishes off the last two guys. 

We both run to the edge of the roof to see where Kaleb is and if he happens to be alive. I look down first and see him hanging on a windowsill. "Holy shit Kaleb!" I shout. He looks up slowly and smiles before saying "It's not my time"

"Hang in there...we'll open the window and pull you through!" Andrew shouts down to him. He just gives a straight face at Andrew's poor word choice. Ryan finally gives in and lets me carry him around just as we take stairs onto the lower floor. Nobody else is on this floor it seems so we run over to the window where we think Kaleb dangles from. I see both of his hands on the ledge and I try to break the glass open.

Andrew finishes the glass off and pulls Kaleb in, he is bleeding bad and his chest is covered in flak from the shotgun. "Hang in there!" I say to him as Andrew lays him gently on the cold steel table. I notice that Ryan is staring through the window. I look through to see a motorcycle flying through the air, with two people upon it. Both holding on tight screaming.

--Phillip's Point of View--

Stevie and I arrive at the hospital and I pull the throttle back all the way towards a small ramp-like structure. "Hold on!" I scream as I lower myself. Stevie tightens his grip as we leave the earth. We fly through the air and towards a giant glass wall.

Time slows down and I look to my right as someone is pulling someone through a window on the twelfth floor. 

We pierce the glass wall of the sixth floor and let go of the bike, we roll on the ground and take a minute before brushing the glass off ourselves. "OK..we survived that..if anyone asks...we chased Kaleb and the others here...we need weapons" Stevie quickly determines. 

Men start to pour into the hallway that we are in with their guns aimed. "Halt!" They seem to shout in uniform. "Its Phillip and Stevie! from the Mega Death operation up north. We were stripped of our weapons...the subjects escaped, we suffered few casualties but they are after our leader." I start to explain. They don't deny it and they even toss us each a G36C Assault Rifle. I switch to semi auto and thank them. "Sorry to make such an entrance..but we saw them on the roof and wanted to clear as many floors as possible" Stevie covers.

"It's okay...you guys fall back and stay behind us...we are all going to charge the roof and find the targets...did you guys at least finish of Kaleb?"

"No...he was the reason they escaped...that kid's unstoppable. But..not anymore" I say trying to provide false confidence. "Ahhh!" Someone screams from the left. We all cock our heads into the direction of the scream and I see walkers piling into the rooms from the stairways. "Shit!" Someone screams as he gets mauled.  I jump over a table and start to shoot their heads. It slows them down temporarily but we still haven't found a weak point. "Stevie look out the window we came in...they're coming from every angle!" I say taking note of the sheer thickness in the horde around the hospital.

Stevie grabs my shoulder and we run towards another staircase to make way towards the twelfth floor. Gunshots ringing behind us as the men try and save themselves.

We make it to the tenth floor when we are stopped by a group of men. "What's happening? Why are there so many infected around the hospital?" They pester, worried. "Somehow someone from operation Mega Death escaped and went after our leader on the roof..there was gunshots and we need to get up there....infected are already on the sixth floor and coming up...we need to-" Stevie interrupts my explanation with a pull of his trigger and kills off the group.

"Let's go!" he shouts at me. We take off towards the top when the alarm starts to go off and a bright red, flashing light goes off. It is going to attract even more walkers.