Chapter 5

-Joker pov-
I'm watching my idiots I've acquired try and load up their guns. These are homeless morons who need warmth and food. I've supplied both for them to be in my debt. FOREVER! Oh Bruce is not gonna know what hit him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

-Bruce pov-
I wake up in a chair beside Selina. She's still asleep on the medical bed. She looks so at peace. So beautiful.

"Master Bruce" I head Alfred behind me "You have a call upstairs"

"Thanks Al"

"I'll watch her Bruce" I turn and look at him and see he's smiling "Just be Bruce Wayne on the phone"

I smile "Always" I go up and grab the phone "Hello?"

"You need to get out now!"

"Who is this?" I look around the house "Who are you?"

"A man hired by Joker he's coming to yo-"

There's a gun shot "Snitches get stitches" I know that voice "Who were you warning? Better not have been Brucey Boy"

I end the call and run down to Alfred. He's standing over Selina but soon I see a figure coming up from the side. I run and tackle them and see it's...Thomas.

"I'm here as friend!" I raise an eyebrow "Jokers coming I even brought Gordon and GCPD here!"

"He telling the truth" I turn and see Jim with his hands up "I'm the only one in the Manor and the only one down here"

I get up "How did you know?" Thomas chuckles "What?"

"We're friends Bruce" I see him smile "I can figure out it's my friend in a suit"

"Apostrophe" he looks confused as much as he can "You put the apostrophe in were"

"Look we don't have much time!" Thomas walks to Jim "Suit up and get ready"

He becomes me and walks out. I look at Alfred who nods and grabs a gun. I walk over and grab my suit and get outside to make it seem like I came in. Selina better not end up harmed.

-Jim pov-
"I'll stay with the girl" I nod "Batman isn't supposed to be out in the day"

"I know" I think about it some "What if he doesn't but the house becomes night?"

"He's not risk being caught" Alfred smiles "Go shut all the curtains and turn off the lights so we can keep him secret"

I nod and run upstairs. I start closing curtains and shutting off lights and Bullock catches on. Soon 'Bruce comes down the stairs. He walks up to me.

"What's going on?" He looks at me and Bullock "Did something happen?"

"The joker is coming for you" 'Bruce' looks at Bull then me "We wanna make sure you're protected"

"Thank you"

We nod and he goes to another room. I see Bullock thinking about something then there's a knock. We back away from the door and good thing cause soon it's busted down. A bunch of guys run in with guns drawn and Joker behind them.

"Awww it's the GCPD" he starts laughing "We get to kill two birds with one gun HAHAHAHA!!!"

A shadow flys over the area of light in the Manor. Joker sees and looks around. It's silent and we are hidden behind SWAT officer and Riot shields.

"The bats here" Joker cocks his gun "This has been tame enough" he takes a shot and soon gunfire is being traded

We start shooting and them and we are taking out more then we are losing. I see 'Bruce' standing off out of direct sight. Or so I thought soon a bullet goes flying toward him. He gets moved into the shadows before it hits.

"Damn Bat!" He grabs one of his dead goons machine guns and starts shooting "FIRE!!"

"Retreat to the back!" We start gaining more police casualties "Now!"

As we head toward the back I see the shadow. Our new symbol of hope. A kid I've seen grow into a man. Bruce Wayne. The Dark Knight. The Batman.

-Batman pov-
I jump from the railing and kick joker down. I smoke bomb and take down more and more goons. I get shot some times but I still take them down. I get down to the last guy when he points a gun straight at my heart.

"No!" The gun gets fired and Thomas jumps in front of me and falls

I take down the last guy and see Joker is gone. I pick up Thomas and run him down to the cave. I hand him to Alfred and quickly change. I have to be Bruce.
I run up and see Jim and Bullock walk around just as the entrance closes.

"It seems they are disposed of" Bullock nods "Have a better day Bruce" he smiles and walks away

"Good job Thomas" I frown "What?"

"It's actually me" he looks confused "Thomas got shot protecting Batman"

He puts a hand on my shoulder "I'm sorry Bruce" he takes a deep breath "Go to him I'll get everyone out"

I nod a thanks and walk back down to him. I see Alfred just standing there. I walk over and see Thomas paling. Selina looks at me with a frown.

"Hey Bruce" I walk up to him more "You gotta promise me to make them pay"

"I promise" he smiles and soon his eyes glaze over as tears come to mine "I promise friend"