Chapter 3

-Selina pov-
I walked into the gala with Barb. She did my hair before it, gave me a dress, and did my make up. We decided to just come together. I walk in and instantly feel out of my zone. I don't like it at all.

"Hello" I turn to new D.A. Harvey Dent who has a cheeky grin "What's a beautiful woman like you coming without a strong man next to you?"

"Well she doesn't need a strong man Dent" we both turn toward Bruce "But since I'm here I'll be him, since I did invite her"

Harvey's face melts to anger "You didn't bring her in golden boy" he goes to grab my arm "Now leave us alone"

Bruce steps in front of me "You're drunk and causing a scene Harvey" we all look up and see eyes on us "Please call a cab and go home put it on my bill"

Harvey grunts and leaves. Bruce holds out his arm and I look over at Barb. She mouths me to go for it and so I wrap my arm around his. He walks me around and introduces me to lots of people. He's not ashamed of me!

"I have to go for a second" He leads me to Barb "Please take care of my date"

He walks toward the front. He stops by Jim who he points toward us. Jim comes over and sits with us. Lee must be watching the kid. We talk until an announcement gets made.

"Ladies and Gentlemen!" We all look up "The golden boy of Gotham! Bruce Wayne!!"

Bruce walks up to the mic "Hello!" He only gets a few hi's "Id like to thank you all for coming in and listening to my announcement, I have come back as the full owner of Wayne Enterprise and-"

"Are you still a bachelor?" I glare at a table of ladies "Asking for friends"

"No" there's a gasp and soon Bruce is beside me with the mic "I am here with my date Selina Kyle"

"What fortune does she come from?"

"None" I hear a scoff and frown "But love has nothing to do with fortune it has to do with how you feel about someone and how they feel about you"

"Oh Bruce" I stand up and give him a kiss "Thank you"

"No" he kisses my forehead "Thank you, now let's party"

He lays down the mic and we go to the dance floor. We dance for hours and soon the gala is ending. I start to head out with Barb when I see a card in the wall. It's a joker card.

"Barb" I point at the card "He's here"

"Jim!" Barb brings Jim's attention to the card "He's here"

"Let's get everybody ushered out silently" we nod and slowly get everyone out "Now to tell Bruce"

"Bruce already knows" we turn and see Bruce held at gunpoint "Now Jimmy hostages don't usually get to see a cop before the needs are met so" he waves us toward the door

"Listen to him" we slowly move to the door as we see Alfred stalk up to Jeremiah "I'll be fine"

"But will the Butler?" He pushes Bruce and fires the gun at Al but a flag pops out "HAHAHA! Bang!" He fires again and the flag hits Alfred's leg

"AL!!!!" Bruce tackles Jeremiah with Jim as we run to Alfred "You ok?"

"Never better Miss Kyle" I smile "I'm always formal even when shot"

I chuckle "let's get you to a hospital" we slowly get him up and out to the vehicle "Come on" Barb drives us off

-Bruce pov-
I watch Selina leave with Alfred as me and Jim get Jeremiah up. We cuff him and take him out of the house. We get in the car and drive to Arkham. Once we get there Jim hands him over.

"Where that's bat guy when you need him" I look over at Gordon confused "The so called Batman that has been running around saving people and taking care of these guys"

"I've heard about him since I got here" I open the door to Arkham so we can leave "He seems to be doing good"

"Yeah good at driving me crazy" I look at him and see him smiling "But yeah he's done good"

We get into the vehicle and drive to the hospital to see Alfred. I owe him my life again. That man really needs to let me catch up on life debt.

-Hospital-
I run in with Jim to see Alfred. We run into the room and see him and little Barbara laughing. I turn to see Selina sitting in a chair. I walk up to here.

"Why aren't you in there?" I see a frown on her face as she turns away "What?"

"DAMNIT!" I jump at Gordon yelling "Selina Why did they throw Barbara in jail?"

"She tried getting us into the room" she sighs and looks at us and I can see her eyes are red "When...a doctor came and wouldn't let us in then she flipped out"

"How is Barbara here?" Selina puts her head down and Jim gets even more mad "It was lee wasn't it?"

"Yes"

Jim stalks off "Selina" I turn and see her already a distance away "Wait!"

I run to catch up "Bruce the people at the Gala May have a point I mean Lee seems to still be-" she cuts herself off "I didn't say anything"

"What did Lee say?" I put my right hand on her shoulder and use my left to get her attention on me "Selina please"

"She told Barbara she was going to become Barbs new mother and.." Selina has tears come to her eyes "I should stay away from you at galas so you can get business opportunities"

I feel my blood boil "Stay with them" I run through the hospital till I see Lee trying to calm down Jim "LEE!"

Lee's eyes go wide "Bruce" she puts on a big smile as she turns fully my way "How are you doing? Have you seen Alfred?"

"You listen here!" I step up to her "if I hear you ever tell Barbara she'll never see her kid again or tell Selina to stay away from me I'll go after your job and make your life hell!"

"You told Barbara what?" I forgot Jim was here "Barbara has been nothing but accepting to you being HER daughters step mom she even put you in her name!"

"This is why!" Lee points a finger at his chest "You get so riled up about her being yelled at but not me I think you still love her!"

"Maybe I do!" Silence breaks out in the hall we are in "Lee.."

"Don't" Lee steps away "I'll pack up and be out" Lee walks away

"So" I look at Jim "Wanna explain the voice?"