Chapter 29

-Selina pov-
"So when are you and the Big bad bat going out?" I roll my eyes at Ivys pestering "Come on! You've only ever gone out once!"

"I know Pamela" I sigh "He's not here anymore so maybe he's setting up a date tonight"

"Maybe" I see her typing then put her phone down "What?"

"You told him to plan a date didn't you?" Pamela whistles and turns away "Oh you cruel bi~"

"Aunty Selina!" I go wide eyed as Babs wraps her small arms around me "Hi!"

"Hey sweetie" I look up at barb "Boss mans not here anymore"

"I'm not here for him" Barb looks over at Ivy "I'm actually here for you!"

"I didn't do it I swear!" Pamela puts her hands up "I only tried to kill him that last time! I haven't since!"

"It's not that" Barb holds out tickets to The flying Graysons "I don't trust Selina not to lose them"

"Hey!" They both laugh as Pamela grabs the tickets "I was a thief just so you know!"

"Oh I know" I roll my eyes "Hey! Don't forget who taught you young lady!"

"Yeah yeah" I smile "So when is that?"

"Tonight" I jump at Bruce's voice beside me "Used the Zeta in the lab"

"You are a crazy man" I look back at my computer "But I'm too busy"

"Selina it's a fair" I look up at Bruce and he smirks "We all are going on separate dates and then meeting for the show"

"We all?" I look at Ivy who's whistling "Who are you dating?"

"DIDCHA HEAR?!" Harley comes running into the office "Wes Gotta date! Wes gotta date!"

"Surprise?" I roll my eyes but smile "Sorry I'm slow on these things"

"Knew it at the conference" Pam growls and I smirk "I have a kid in my arms!"

"And a play behind you" I turn and the fern behind me waves "So watch it kitty"

"Girls play nice" Bruce smirks "I need my date in one piece Ivy"

"Oh that's it!" I get up and sit Babs down "Let's go take down Uncle Bruce

"YEAH!" Babs is off and Bruce starts running "IM A GET YA!"

"Aren't theys Justs adorable?" I nod at Harleys words as Bruce let's Babs take him down and jump on him "Makes ya wonder huh?"

"Yeah" my eyes go wide and the girls all smile "Not yet! And that was mean Harls! You need to stay away from those two!"

"I can't I've fallen too deep" Harley frantically falls into Pamelas arms and they all laugh "We'll see you tonight smitten kitten!"

"Yeah" I keep watching Babs and Bruce play "See you tonight"

-Time skip- Fair-
"Come on there has to be some prize you want" Shake my head no "Not even that gigantic cat?"

I quickly turn to the closest game booth and see a BIG black cat. I look at Bruce and he smiles. We walk over hand in hand to the booth.

"Ahh Mr. Wayne!" The Carney holds out his hand "You come to win a prize for your lady? I've had all of these animals for years now! No one has taken them"

"We'll see" Bruce hands him a $5 bill "Hand me the baseballs"

The carney smiles and hands Bruce one of the baseballs. Bruce throws and the clown falls down. Up next is a bigger one and Bruce hits it. The carney smiles and hands the next ball. The last clown is a huge one.

"No one has ever knocked it dow~" Bruce throws the ball and the clown toppled over "Y-y-you won?!"

"The lady will take the cat" The guys nods still in shock and gets to the cat down. He hands it to Bruce who hands it to me "For my love"

"Why thank you" We both smile and his phone goes off "It's time for the Flying Graysons show"

We walk to the meet up spot. First is Pamela and Harley. Harleys hair is wild and Pamela is carrying tons of animals. Up next is Barbara and Gordon. They walk over with some fair snacks.

"What no rides?" Harleys shakes her head "Where's the fun in that!"

"Getting old Harley" Jim points are Barb "Someone also gets motion sickness now"

"Ha Ha" Barb playfully hits him "Let's go watch some acrobats!"

-Time skip-Bruce pov-
The show has been amazing. There's been great tricks performed all night. Up right now is John and Mary Grayson. Mary sits her son on the platform before taking on. They are doing their world renown performance!

"Bruce the rope" I look at what Selena's pointing out and I see the rope snapping "THEY SEE FALLING!"

Everything happens in slow motion. I get up with Jim and start running down. The two never let go of each other as they hit the ground. The sound of their bodies echoing in the silence. Then everyone runs out.

"The boy Bruce" I look up at the boy looking over the boards edge above us "Go get him down"

I nod and start climbing up. When I get up there the boy is crying. I try to remember what John said his name was....Richard!

"Hey Richard" The boy looks up to me tears falling "I know what it's like...I can't say this feels good but...but I'm gonna help you through it"

"Are they...are they sleeping?" I close my eyes and feel my heart pull at his question "They are sleeping right?"

"No...they're not sleeping" The boy leaps into my arms and starts sobbing and I just rub his back "You're gonna be ok..everything is gonna be ok"

"Bruce" I look over at Jim who's on the ladder "We need to get him down"

"Just a minute please Jim" I look at the boy in my arms "Just a minute"

-Time skip-GCPD-
"We can't find any relative that will take him in" Jim slams his phone down "We are gonna have to send him to the orphanage"

"Where's the papers at?" Jim looks at me confused but slides over the adoption papers "Thank you"

"Mr. Wayne" I look at the orphanage worker beside us "If you sign those you'll be taking in this child..are you sure you want that?"

"He's not a that" I sigh the papers and stand up "He's a kid who just lost both of his parents in front of his eyes"

I walk out of the office and to Richard "Are they sending me to the home?" I shake my head no "Where am I going?"

"With me" I hold my hand out "Let's get you home"