Chapter 12

-Bruce pov-
I wake up groggy and try to sit up. I stop when I feel weight pushing me down. I look and see Selina asleep in a chair beside the bed. I smile and ran my hand through her hair. I move the pillow under her head and switch our positions.

"Ah I see you're awake master Bruce" I look at the doorway to see Pamela next to Alfred and Harley poking her head in from the side "Jim is in the study waiting for you"

"Thanks Alfred" I get up and walk over to him "Watch over her and make sure she doesn't go"

"Will do Bruce" I nod and walk on "Oh and the little one is in there too!"

I nod as I continue onto the study. When I get there I stop and see little Barbara playing pool with Jim. I watch until Barbara sees and I put my finger to my lips. Jim misses his next shot on purpose. There's no way he could've missed from right in front.

"Oh man looks like you could will it all Barb" the little girl smiles and lazily holds the stick before hitting the 8 into the pocket "AND BARBARA GORDON WINS THE GAME!"

I watch him pick her up, spin her, and laugh "Seems like I missed a good game" Jim turns and smiles putting Barb down "Good job on making it in Barbara"

"Thanks!" She walks over and smiles "Do you have any ice cream?"

"Hmmm" I look at Jim and he nods "How about you go see one of the girls upstairs and see if they or Al can help you"

She's off like rocket after that "So the big bad bat breaks for a kid?" I laugh with Jim as we take seats in opposite chairs "How you holding up? You been out for one night as the bat"

"That why your here?" Jim nods and hands me a folder labeled 'Wonderland' "Bunch of bunnies popped up last night at a gala...Luckily you weren't there, unluckily the host was."

"The picture on the inside of this folder" I hold it up showing a man with a long top hat that's green and has a clock on it "We got a name?"

"Jervis Tetch" Jim gets up and walks toward the whisky bottle "We went to his home last night but he wasn't there...there was only a blonde girl"

"Rabbit mask, Blonde girl, and a clock wearing top hat man" I close the folder and Gordon sits back down with a glass full "Sounds like he's looking for his Alice"

"He had her" I look at Jim confused and he takes a drink "The girls name is Alice"

"Sounds like Batman is needed tonight" Jim nods before standing up and finishing his drink "There's something I'm not being told"

"Alfred told me not to but" Jim looks at the doorway before sitting on my desk "We also got Tetch last night we have him locked up...he keeps talking about a book but won't say where"

"Alfred wants me to rest instead?" It wasn't a question Jim needed to answer "I'll make him talk Jim...how old is the girl?"

Jim sighs before grabbing the bottle "7 years old" he takes a drink "Just like Alice"

-Time skip-Cell-Night-
"I really wish you'd leave me alone, stay out of my zone! I'm not Tetch I'm the mad hatter!" I roll my eyes "You wouldn't kill me Gordon you wanna believe you're better!"

"Then I'm glad I'm not him" I see his eyes go wide as I step out of the shadows "Where is the book? And why did you take a 7 year old girl?!"

"Oh it's true! it's really you!" Tetch stands up and walks to the cell door "The dark knight! I just knew you'd make things more of a delight!"

I grab his tie and yank him into the bars "Talk or you'll have more problems then rhyming" I see fear in his eyes before it's replaced by joy "Where's this book?"

"Why with the girl of course! But I would've told anyone with voice so hoarse!" He smiles and I throw him down opening the cell. There's that fear again "What is this you can't hit me! I give you what you wanted you go and see!"

"You brainwashed a poor little girl! How!" I look at his hat and see the clock is missing "I'm late I'm late for a very important date...it's the clock"

"No hold on just you wait! Why don't we talk for a bit say..till eight?" I pick him up off the ground and hold I'm in the air "You better let me go Batman! Before Alice goes and meets my fan"

I throw him down before running out. I pass Jim as I'm on my way out. He's going to lock up the cell and I'm getting Alice. I better make it there in time.

-Jervis Tetch house-
I bust into the house and look around. I start pulling down everything I can. If Jim knew she'd come back he'd never have let the girl go....Where is the book!..fan.

I turn and see a photo of a fan hanging "Bingo" I walk over and rip it down to see the book open with the girl on the page "How is this possible?"

"Anything is possible if you believe!" I jump and see Tetch behind me "I have many trick up my sleeve"

"How do I get her out!" He smiles and I grab him "I don't care if you're the real one or not I'll make you bleed before this girl gets hurt!"

"You have to follow the story, you have to play along"  I hold him tighter "I'm not lying don't you see! If you let me go free on the pages with Alice you can be!"

"If I beat your story will we leave?" He nods and all that I see in his eyes is fear and honesty "Then get me in there"

TBC