the trial pt2

Dan's POV:

The next day we headed back to the court room and I could tell Amanda was stressed, we needed to know what was happening so she could move on and I could too, I had her back and I wanted this bastard to be put away. I was in my own world when I saw Amanda come from the bathroom, she was crying and I knew she was going to have a tough time today..

The laywer for Brandon was asking questions to Amanda like she was the one who did the horrible things and I couldn't help but get mad, I wanted to get up and punch them both in the face.. I was now thinking about how I need to be here for Amanda.. I was watching her from the stand and she was crying, how can they do that. I hated this and even him..

"So you were the one who asked him to stay?"

"I thought he loved me"

"But you could of broke it off"

"Yes but he didn't have to blow my house up"

"No more questions"

The judge let us go for a break, Amanda was fuming and I couldn't blame her, this guy was getting away with it and I hated how they made him out like a saint.. I sat with her as she was breathing in and out.. I loved her and I was going to do anything to help my wife. I knew she needed me and I hoped that she will get through this..

A few hours later we headed back in to the court room we were now sitting down, the judge came in and said that he made his judgement, I waited for him to tell us that he will be off. But I was shocked..

"After hearing all the eevidence I have made my ruling."

"On the matter of kidnapping, assault, and attempted murder I sentence Brandon Michaelson to 10 years in prison with a non parole period of 8 years.."

The judge ruled and I was now hugging Amanda she was crying and I was happy he won't be around us for another 10 years.. I thanked pur lawyer and we headed out of the court room happy and free from him...