Ch. 27 Meeting In The Middle

Your POV

I smiled weakly and said, "I don't mind sharing a bed with you, but I want to make it clear that I want some space in between us in the bed." Cadenza nodded and said, "I can understand that." I yawned because it was late and I said, "I'm going to go to the bathroom and get ready for bed. Knock on the door when you're ready."
I went to the bathroom and took off my pants and my shirt. Then I waited until I heard a knock on the door. I walk out of the bathroom and laid down on the bed. Cadenza climbed in next to me and said, "I know that you wanted some space between us, but I really miss sleeping with you and having your arms wrapped around me. So could we please just sleep together closely like we used to. Please, Fluffball?" I let out a sigh and said, "Fine, Cadenza. I'll do it." She smiled and snuggled up against me and laid her head on my chest. I kissed her forehead and said, "It's a good thing that I love you." "I love you too, Y/N," Cadenza replied as she reached up and started to stroke my ears gently with her hand. I started purring and I eventually drifted off to sleep.

The Next Morning

Cadenza's POV

I woke up with my head on Y/N's chest and I smiled at the sight. I'm glad that we are slowly getting back together with each other like we used to be, I thought to myself. I miss waking up like this. Maybe after this vacation in the City of Love, we'll be back to how we used to be or even better.

Sorry for the short chapter, I couldn't think of any other good ideas for how I wanted this chapter to develop. I've started college, so I might not be able to post as often as I would like. But I do plan on finishing this book.
Master out.