Ch. 1 Been So Long

Your POV

I finished getting the last of my things onto the moving truck. Then I called my friend, Laurance, and asked him if he was ready for me to head over with my things and the moving truck. He said he was ready for me. I got in my car and drove towards the address that Laurance had given me. I can't wait to see him again, I thought. I haven't seen him since high school. I still can't believe that he asked me to move in with him.

Flashback

I was sitting in my small apartment, watching TV on my bed. Suddenly my phone started ringing. I picked it up and it was an unknown number, but the phone number looked vaguely familiar. It could be someone whose contact I lost from my previous phone, I thought. So I answered it. (Y=You L=Laurance)
Y: Hello?
L: Hello. Is this Y/N L/N?
Y: Yeah, that's me. Who's this?
L: Good, this is still your phone number. It's me, Laurance Zvahl. We were both friends back in high school at Phoenix Drop High.
Y: Oh, Laur! It's been so long. How are you doing?
L: I'm fine. But I just moved into a new house about two months ago. But I need a roommate who can help me in paying the rent on the house. I know that it's a lot to ask, but could you be my roommate?
Y: When you say roommate, does that mean we both would be in the same house? Or sleeping in the same room?
L: The same house. So, what do you say?
Y: I'd love to! I've been meaning to move out of my tiny apartment for a while now, but trying to find a new house has been an issue. But this solves that. I'll start packing up my stuff now.
L: Great! Let me know when you leave. I text you my address.

End Of Flashback

2 Hours Later

I pull into the driveway of this light green house. I got out of my car and knocked on the front door. I see a slightly familiar face open the door. "Y/N! It's been so long since I've seen you!" Laurance said. I smiled and said, "I know, it's so nice to see you again. Could you help me bring my stuff in?" "Sure."

Hope you all are enjoying this book so far. I want to give a big thanks to Jake-craft for suggesting this book.
Master out.