Chapter 1

"There are abnormal readings happening all over the European continent," an agent stated.

His fingers flew over the keypad scanning the readings and comparing the numbers as more scientists and analysts gathered around. All appeared troubled by the information gathering from their instruments.

"More like the whole world," added another from the computer next to him. "Cuba, Nova Scotia, Brazil, Romania, Russia, they are popping up everywhere. And more are coming in by the day."

"The largest reading is coming from the United Kingdom. There's some other interference as well that's tampering with our equipment."

"Who's the closest agent to that location?"

"We can't just send anyone into that," Agent Hill cut in.

They nodded in agreement as the woman paced on the walkway above. Their numbers of elite personnel were limited and thinned across the world on various missions as it was. The Director and her scanned through their database to find a solution to their problem.

"We are in luck," Fury said. "One of our special field agents is just north of that location dealing with a Black Market ring. In fact, they are finishing up as we speak. Call her in, along with every other agent capable of this job in the London sector."