102

C H A P T E R 102

"Are we missing something?" Samantha uttered after hearing what Harry just said.

"What do you mean?"

Samantha gave Harry an incredulous look. "Are you mad? How can you not see that something is wrong here? Someone is stealing Polyjuice Potion ingredients from Snape's private quarters! This isn't all just a coincidence, Harry. At first I was just getting weird feelings and thinking I myself am overthinking things but now I'm worried."

Harry stared at her and then started to think about things himself. Samantha was indeed right. At first some of the stuff that happened could be seen as purely coincidental, but now it seemed like it was starting to come together. "Then what should we do? Go to Sirius? Or Dumbledore? Or Remus?"

"I already went to Sirius about some of the other stuff that happened before and he said I was overthinking things and to not talk about it with him until there was actually something to talk about," Samantha grumbled, thinking back to her recent conversation with Sirius.

"Then what about Remus? Maybe he can figure this out," Harry continued.

"Hmm maybe, but he's probably busy. And then Dumbledore wouldn't want to hear anything unless we've already connected the dots."

"Then who can we talk about this with?"

Samantha continued to eat the last bits of her bacon and kept thinking. Who could they talk about this with who would know some information? This involved now Snape, Moody, and Barty Crouch......then it hit her.

"When is your first class?" Samantha abruptly asked.

"Not until after lunch," Harry responded.

"Then come on, I know someone we might be able to get more information out of," she spoke and they both stood up. Samantha led them down the hall and towards the kitchens.

"Why are we at the kitchens?" Harry asked as Samantha tickled the pear which opened up the portrait.

"Because you apparently saw Barty Crouch late at night in Snape's office on the Map and now he's saying Polyjuice Potion ingredients was stolen so maybe we can ask his former house elf Winky if there's something else going on," she explained. "I highly doubt it but it's worth a try."

They walked in and saw the elves hustling around, carrying dirty plates and utensils. There was a large sink in the corner which was magically cleaning the silverware. On the other side was a fireplace where they saw someone sitting on a stool. Samantha and Harry walked over and saw Winky sitting on it, her body slouched, and holding a bottle of Butterbeer.

"Hi Winky," Samantha said kindly as her and Harry sat down on the ground next to the stool.

Winky looked over at them but didn't say anything. Her eyes were sunken in and her skin was far more wrinkled than normal. She took another sip of Butterbeer and started to hiccup. "Hel...Hello."

"Are you ok?" Harry asked.

"Winky...Winky is fine."

"No, no Winky is not fine," another voice answered. Samantha and Harry looked up to see Dobby nearing them. He had a disappointed look on his face as his big eyes eyed Winky's odd state. "Winky has been sitting here drinking Butterbeer. Winky has not been helping us elves work. Winky has been speaking less and less."

Winky turned her eyes towards Dobby and a few tears started to form. However, she wiped them away and continued to drink out of the bottle. "Winky does not need to work here. Winky needs to go back to Master Crouch," she said before entering another pit of hiccups.