Chapter 23

My sister didn't understand the depths of things and how hard I went for my family. I probably would of killed Steve myself if I would of known he hurt my sister like that. I mean shiddddd 25 to life was nothing to me when it came to protecting Vaeh. Even though Vaeh was my big sister I always treated her like she was my baby sister. To see the tears fall from her eyes, I could tell she was hurt not only from the shit with her trifling ass fiancé but with Steve's funeral being in a few hours it was things she needed to face. My mother and Vaeh's relationship turned sour at one point and know I know why. Why didn't Ma trust Vaeh when she told her that Steve raped her? I never understood why black families just swept shit like that under the rug. It's like they felt as if you didn't talk about it that it didn't happen but at some point we were going to discuss this. I wasn't going to force Vaeh to attend the funeral because I know she needed to heal but eventually her and Ma needed to talk. On my way to the funeral I got a text from Chris saying she was bleeding and had to be rushed to the hospital. I couldn't run to her rescue this time anyways my mother was far more important. Today was the day that I would finally leave Chris and live freely as a single woman it was time that I got to know who I truly was. After the funeral my plan was to get all of my things and take them to Vaeh's house and sleep in her guest room for a while. The funeral was really quick Steve was cremated due to the accident he was unrecognizable so Ma decided that was the best decision. Finally the funeral was over and everyone was heading back to Ma's house but I had to make a pit stop by the hospital to check on Chris. What if she was having a miscarriage? What if she needed to have some type of surgery? Whatever the case may be I was going to let her know it was over. It's a done deal at this point I haven't been happy in months and I was ready to be happy again. Jennifer made me happy, Jennifer made me feel wanted and loved which was just what I needed. All Chris did was push me into the arms of Jennifer because all she did daily was make me sad and depressed. There were nurses and doctors everywhere moving fast I thought someone had died the way they were moving. Chris had a miscarriage, although I know she was hurting it was time to tell her I was done.