Chapter 3

"Thank you for agreeing to show me around," Dimitri said when he met Rose at the gym at 3:30 am. "I have my schedule, now, so perhaps you might show me around the places I'll be working?"

Alberta had already given him a basic tour of campus a few hours ago after they'd negotiated his roster, but Dimitri wouldn't tell Rose that. All day he'd been looking forward to an hour and a half in her company.

Rose glanced at Dimitri's printed schedule. His day started with Eddie and her in the gym. Breakfast, then the morning assisting in dhampir classes. Lunch, then guarding various Moroi/dhampir subjects. Break, then more training with her and Eddie, dinner, and twice a week a six-hour shift guarding Lissa from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm.

"You will be so busy!" Rose gasped.

"It's a lot less than I am used to," Dimitri replied, his voice gravelly and oh so fucking sexy. The way his lips caressed the words as they spilled from his mouth... Rose had to bite her lip to stop herself groaning. "Why don't we start with the dhampir classrooms?" he suggested, knowing they'd be vacant by now, so he'd have Rose's full attention.

"Sure," she said, doing her best not to admire Dimitri's dark locks, height, and sexy profile. If there were a dictionary definition for tall, dark and handsome, there'd be a photo of Dimitri beside it. How was a woman meant to keep her composure when confronted with a man like Belikov?!

"Tell me about your subjects," Dimitri said as Rose pointed out various teaching spaces. They stood in the dhampir corridor, which was poorly outfitted compared to the spaces where the Moroi-specific classes were conducted. "Which is your favorite?"

"Animal Behavior and Physiology," Rose said sneaking another look at her companion. "It's nice to learn about something not based around guarding or Moroi."

"What are your other subjects?"

"Advanced Guardian Combat Techniques, Bodyguard Theory and Personal Protection Three, Weight Training and Conditioning, and Senior Language Arts for Novices. After lunch, it's Animal Behavior and Physiology, Precalculus, Moroi Culture Four, and Slavic Art. Lissa and I have the same schedule after lunch, except she's in Advanced Calculus."

"Then I will be with you most of the day," Dimitri said, giving Rose a smoldering smile. "Alberta asked me to work with the senior Novices during their morning combat classes. After lunch, I am to guard the Princess."

"Maybe you'll like Animal Behavior and Physiology, too?" Rose teased.

"I'll sure I'll find something in there to interest me," Dimitri replied, raising an eyebrow at Rose.

Continuing down the corridor, Rose showed Dimitri where each subject was conducted. While her words were innocent enough, her thoughts were all over the place. Rose Hathaway was no stranger to flirting—hell she'd perfected her man-eating smile when she was fifteen—but her victims, to date, were boys. Guardian Belikov was quite another kettle of fish. He was unmistakably a man. An Alpha man, at that. She couldn't explain her attraction to him, other than it was present, and it was strong.

Skirting the commons, where they'd no doubt be seen and potentially interrupted, Rose took Dimitri the long way to the gym, showing him the infirmary along the way.

"That's pretty much it," Rose said as they arrived back at the doors to the gym.

"Can you show me where the Princess' dorm room is? I need to know how to get to her if there's an emergency."

"Sure. She's in the Moroi dorm building. I'll take you there now."

The two walked side by side in silence, Dimitri opening doors for Rose and following her up the stairs, his cock hardening as his eyes stared at her sexy ass as she climbed the treads.