Chapter 6

"Wake up," Dimitri demanded, kissing Rose's lids, cheeks and finally her lips.

"What time is it?" she sighed, curling closer to him, refusing to open her eyes.

"It's 4:30 pm... We're due to train with Eddie in thirty minutes."

Rose bolted upright, looking around to see her room, and Dimitri, bathed in late afternoon sunlight.

"You stayed?" she gasped, noticing that even sitting upright, Dimitri's arms were wrapped firmly around her.

"I didn't mean to," he half lied, his voice low and gravely. He'd brought his gym bag with him, after all, so when he felt himself drifting off last night with Rose in his arms, he didn't fight it. It wasn't something he could allow all the time, but the need to hold his mate as she slept had been overwhelming. "I only woke a few minutes ago. It was pleasant waking up next to you"

"I liked that, too," Rose replied. They'd not done anything beyond kissing last night. Still - Dimitri spending the night in her bed was wonderful. Hers being a twin bed, they must have been pressed tightly against one another all night. And she liked that.

"Where can I clean up? You said you had your own bathroom...?"

"Yes," Rose almost moaned, imagining Dimitri standing naked under the spray of her shower. "The only Novices on this level are Meredith, Chelsea, Angela, and me. There are four communal bathrooms, but since there are only four of us, we've each taken one as our own. You can use mine – no one else goes in there, and no one else is usually up at this time."

Dimitri fought hard to suppress his groan. Even the thought of being in the space where Rose showered aroused him. While he was doing his best to keep things low key as he learned about his mate, Dimitri was ready right now to claim Rose as his own – and thoughts about her showering did not help suppress those longings!

By the time they made it to training at 4:55 pm, Eddie was already waiting. Dimitri entered the gym first, gesturing for Rose to wait a moment or two. By the time Rose walked in two minutes later, Eddie had no idea they'd walked across from Rose's dorm room together.

"What's up first, boss?" Eddie asked as Rose arrived.

"Yeah, Comrade? Choose our punishment," Rose quipped with a smirk. She was still blissed out from Dimitri sharing her bed last night.

"Comrade?!" Dimitri asked, more amused than offended.

"You know – the whole Russian thing. Weren't you all Comrades?!" Rose asked, unsuccessfully attempting to lift an eyebrow.

"I think Guardian Petrov needs to add Modern History to the curriculum," Dimitri joked with a smile. "Come on, you two. Time to run again!"

"You're looking happy," Mason commented as Rose and Eddie joined him at the cafeteria for breakfast

"You're looking happy," Mason commented as Rose and Eddie joined him at the cafeteria for breakfast. Their training finished, they were ravenous.

"You're not," Rose retorted.