Chapter 9

"I'm so tired," Lissa yawned, leaning against Rose in the bus on the way home. The shopping trips taking place during sunlight hours, everyone had been up for almost twenty-four hours. While Novices trained to endure lengthy shifts, the same could not be said for Moroi. The long day, combined with the sunlight, had done Lissa in.

"Go to sleep—I'll wake you when we get to the Academy. Since I have the weekend off training, I thought I could do a sleepover at yours?"

Rose had been trying to find a chance to talk to Lissa about Dimitri. Normally it wouldn't be an issue, but with training and everything else going on, she hadn't had a chance.

"We should invite Tasha! Natalie won't mind if Tasha uses her room while she is away."

"Can we just have us two? I haven't seen a lot of you lately." Rose hated to pull the guilt card however, it was important to her Lissa heard about her and Dimitri sooner rather than later, and she didn't want Tasha to be part of that discussion.

"I'm sorry. We haven't had much time alone, have we? We'll all be wrecked tomorrow, anyway. You can stay at mine, and we can lounge around, watch movies and you can help me wrap Christian and Tasha's Christmas presents." Rose nodded, resting her head against Lissa's as the Moroi Princess fell asleep on her shoulder. The sun was setting as the coach pulled up in front of the Moroi dorms. Rose woke Lissa and helped her up to her room. Dimitri and Celeste followed, bringing up the Princess's shopping.

"You can go, Celeste. I'll stay until Naismith turns up," Dimitri murmured.

"Thanks, Belikov. After night shift, then shopping, I'm wrecked."

Rose tucked Lissa into bed, closing the door to her room as Dimitri secured the suite. "Guardian Naismith will guard the Princess while the team rests. He should be here in thirty minutes."

"Then we have some time to ourselves," Rose remarked, pulling Dimitri down to sit beside her on Lissa and Natalie's sofa. Moving so they were sitting close, Rose stroked Dimitri's hand. "I want to tell Lissa about us... I need to talk to my best friend about how I'm feeling and what's going on... You have to understand; this is all new to me."

"Ok."

"Ok?" Rose repeated in surprise. She'd been certain Dimitri would be against her saying anything to his charge.

"If it's important to you, then I'm ok with it. When we bond, we will be promised together forever. The Princess needs to understand that."

"You think I will agree to bond with you?" Rose teased, her eyes locked with Dimitri's.

"I know it," Dimitri declared. Their lips met, Rose climbing onto Dimitri's lap straddling him as they kissed. Gentle, at first, soon Rose was grinding against the rock-hard length in Dimitri's pants as he reached underneath her top to fondle her breasts. Feeling her nipples pebble under his fingertips, Dimitri groaned. He wanted to tear Rose's sports bra and shirt from her body and suckle on her sweet twin tips. He knew he could make her cum in minutes just with his lips!

Doing his best to hold back, the scent of his mate's arousal was thrilling as was the heat he could feel between her thighs. Dimitri knew Natalie's bed was vacant, and his charge all but comatose. All he wanted to do was take Rose into the absent Moroi's room and make her HIS!

A rap at the door had them jumping apart; Rose smoothing her hair and shirt, Dimitri adjusting himself as he muttered mutinously in Russian. Opening the door to Guardian Naismith, Dimitri did the required handover, brusquely explaining Novice Hathaway would stay with the Princess. With a final look at Rose, Dimitri departed—bound for a freezing shower then a lonely bed.