Chapter 36

"Was that necessary?" Rose asked her mate, listening to his blow by blow description of his physical altercation with Adrian.

"Absolutely!" Dimitri growled. He'd been reserved and played second fiddle to Abe for far too long in avenging what Adrian and his actions had done to his woman. He'd waited years to give Adrian the slap down he'd well and truly earned! Smiling as he thought about it, nothing would make Dimitri feel bad about what he'd done.

"You're looking very happy with yourself, Comrade," Rose teased, smiling at her husband.

"I am happy!" he replied with a grin. "I will always defend you!"

"I know you will," Rose cooed. It had been one hell of a day! Between the Royal Council coup, and the behind-the-scenes work Rose and Pavel had undertaken, everyone was exhausted! Now Dimitri and Abe had returned to the townhouse at Court, Rose wanted to cuddle up in bed with her man and recharge. "Are we likely to be interrupted?"

Dimitri shrugged. It was the big unknown. Guardians always sided with their charges—that's what being a Guardian meant! But, for the first time in living memory, Guardians were tasked with choosing between their charges and their race! In the Royal Council chamber, no one had stood against Croft and his crew. The best of the best, Croft had recruited numerous Alpha and other high-ranking and quality Guardians such as Janine Hathaway. Had it been low ranked Guardians, people may have felt differently—but seeing the crème de la crème side with Croft had been a defining moment for many of those present. No Guardian wanted to go up against the highest in their world—especially when almost every role model had committed to the new order!

"I don't know... So far no one has openly opposed the Royal detention. But we'd be stupid to assume they won't." Dimitri did not need to spell it out. Given time, Royal Moroi would press their Guardians to fight to free the Council members. There was a very real reason Pavel and Croft had sent their loved ones away while the situation played out. If he'd been able to, Dimitri would have done likewise. But there was no extricating Rose from this situation. "However, thirty loyal guards are securing the house tonight," Dimitri added, wanting to reassure his wife.

"So, we're safe enough, for now?" Rose teased her mate, her voice lilting.

"Babe—you're always safe with me," Dimitri growled, pushing his wife back onto their bed and distracting her with hot, punishing kisses. Divesting their clothes quickly, Dimitri wasted no time in licking, sucking and biting Rose everywhere he could. "I love you, baby," he moaned as he rolled them into position. They both liked it when he was in charge, so Rose gave no objection when he moved her where he wanted.

"I love you, too!" Rose groaned, wiggling her cleft against Dimitri's thick, long, and hard erection. She wasn't surprised he was ready. Dimitri always wanted her when worried or insecure. The last few months had seen them both anxious about what could or would happen at Court. Now they had started the revolution, they needed one another more than ever!

"Baba wants us downstairs for a meeting in a few hours," Rose mentioned reluctantly.

"That still gives us time," Dimitri declared, nipping Rose's clavicle as he penetrated her tight pussy.

"I love you!" Rose squealed, thrilled by the pleasure Dimitri had inflicted on her. It was amazing each and every time!

"I love you, too," Dimitri groaned, pulling Rose's legs up over his shoulders before fucking her long and deep. He held out as long as he could before his knot formed, filling his mate completely. Smiling, Dimitri let go, groaning in pleasure while his mate screamed his name during her release.

 Smiling, Dimitri let go, groaning in pleasure while his mate screamed his name during her release