Chapter 28

Dimitri opened his arms to Rose who climbed onto the bed beside him.

"Did you buy this when we went Christmas shopping?" Rose asked, snuggling against her husband.

"Yes," he confessed. "I didn't like the other women trying on pretty things and you missing out. I couldn't ask Alberta to pack it when you had your estrous, so I saved it for tonight."

"Hmm... I like it very much," Rose said, fiddling with the lace while looking at her man coyly.

"Not as much as I do," Dimitri declared, pouncing on Rose and playfully pushing her onto her back. Growling and pretending to nip at his wife, Dimitri peppered her with kisses. Seeing Rose wearing expensive silk and lace, Dimitri decided she should always dress that way. Nothing but the best for his woman.

"You're in a good mood," Rose commented, enjoying this playful side of her husband.

"I'm married to my beautiful mate—what's not to be happy about?!"

"I bet I could make you happier," she replied, nuzzling at Dimitri's neck while suggestively pushing her body against him.

"I bet you could," he agreed, reciprocating before kissing over Rose's décolletage and down to her breasts, mouthing each nipple carefully through the delicate burgundy lace. Her scent, always a natural aphrodisiac to him, was stronger in the valley between her soft, nubile breasts. Different from when he'd first encountered her, the jonquil, cut-grass, tea rose, and musk odors were intermixed with a heavier, more masculine aroma. His scent. A warning to others she was taken—claimed—smelling his own aroma mixed with Rose's pleased Dimitri. It was just one more sign that they belonged together.

"Despite how much I love this set," Dimitri said, gently fingering the lace of her lingerie, "you need to take it off before I tear it off you." Rose grinned. She liked the thought of Dimitri ripping her underwear from her, but this set had no doubt cost a fortune, and she hoped to enjoy it more before it ended up being torn asunder. Reaching behind her to flick the clasp of the bra, Rose made a show of pulling each strap down her shoulders, watching Dimitri as her breasts spilled from their lacey enclosure.

"Better?"

"Much better," he groaned, rubbing himself through the soft cotton of his boxer briefs. "Take the bottoms off, too."

Rose pushed herself backward on the bed, so there was room to lift her hips and peel the filmy panties off. Dimitri grabbed them from her hand, scrunching them in one fist and bringing it to his nose, inhaling deeply. A loud, possessive growl rumbled from his chest. Discarding the underwear to the floor of their bedroom, Dimitri followed Rose up the bed, capturing her lips with his own as he pulled his own briefs off.

"I want you," he groaned between hard almost punishing kisses.

"I want you, too," Rose groaned, writhing beneath Dimitri until she had him where she wanted; between her legs with his cock positioned near her core.

Dimitri could feel the heat from her opening as he closed his eyes, enjoying the unmistakable scent of his mate's arousal. Not their first time as lovers, it would be their first time making love as husband and wife. Whispering words of love and constancy against Rose's lips, Dimitri pushed inside her, groaning at the exquisite feel of her tight wet core. Rose wrapped her arms around Dimitri's neck, grasping his shoulders and pulling him hard against her, relishing the warmth of his body. Despite the miserable, cold, wet night outside, here, in their room, everything was perfect.

A soft sigh escaped Rose as her mate filled her, his pleasure accentuating her own. Despite the relatively short time since Dimitri first claimed Rose, their pair bond was rapidly intensifying. Initially vague feelings and a sixth-sense for the other, now a single look was enough for them to communicate their emotions. In time, Rose was certain they'd be able to communicate without words. Where their bond came into its own, though, was during their lovemaking. Each experiencing the other's pleasure, every move, sound, and utterance taught them what their mate did and didn't enjoy.