0.9

third pov

hayley was currently lying underneath an old 1969 chevy impala tightening the bolts on the new tyres. the nearby radio was rihanna's hit song 'umbrella' one of hayley's all time favourite songs.

"you have my heart, and we'll never be apart."

the brunette sang tapping along to the beat. what our protagonist didn't notice however was the two vampires standing at the entrance smiling to themselves as they listened to her sing.

knock knock

hayley grumbled before she stood up from the ground.

"walter i swear if you have complain again i will-"

"woah there love, who's walter?"

rosalie asked generally curious. hayley grew embarrassed once she realized that the two vampires had most probably heard her horrible singing.

"how long have you been standing there for?"

hayley asked blushing madly, suddenly finding the floor interesting to look at. emmett and rosalie smiled at their mates shyness before they walked over hayley and pulling her into a hug. the swan girl sighed in content, happy with the protection and the love that her mates radiated.

"what are you doing here?"

hayley asked, her voice coming out as a mumble since her face was buried into emmett's chest.
"we are going to take you out for lunch."

rosalie explained pulling away as looking down at her mate who was only a little shorter than her 5"9 form.

"really! yay!"

hayley cheered jumping up and down in excitement. she loved getting free food, that was a lie, she loved food in general. 

"come on."

 emmett said as he pulled hayley out of the garage and towards his jeep which was parked outside the entrance.

"where are we going?"

hayley asked curiously as she looked out the window, watching as the trees went by. the rain outside the car only seemed to add to the everlasting natural beauty that the forests of forks had to offer.

"wherever you wanna go."

emmett answered looking back at hayley who immediately  smiled.

"sully's!"

hayley cheered causing the two vampires to chuckle at their mates childish behaviour. the three drove for another fifteen minutes, having peaceful conversations getting to know each other even more. hayley had found out from emmett that he was turned by carlisle and that he was only 20 he was turned. she also found out more about their treaty with the shifters.

when they arrived to the restaurant, the trio walked inside and stood in line and waited to order. when the three got to the front the first thing the two vampires noticed was the cashier was staring at their mate. hayley however didn't notice yet because she was still looking at the menu.

 when she did look back at emmett and rosalie she noticed how their eyes had turned a coal black colour and were glaring that the poor boy and wondered why. when she turned around, she noticed why and when she noticed she was immediately annoyed. the boy was obviously staring her chest while smirking. 

hayley felt absolutely disgusted. 

"hey baby what can i get for you today?"

he asked licking his lips, his bright blue eyes glinted with lust.

"yeah i'll have the deluxe cheeseburger with some chilli cheese fries and a bottle of water thanks."

hayley said as she pulled out her wallet and pulled out $15. the cashier nodded the same creepy smirk still plastered on his face.

"that'll be $12.75 and you number."

the cashier flirted further annoying hayley who scoffed before giving over her money.

"keep the change."

she said before turning around and walking away to leave but before she could get far, the cashier guy grasped her hand tightly.

"woah you still have to give me your number."

"and why?"

"oh come on baby you know you want this."

he said gesturing to himself.

"no i'm pretty sure i don't now can you please let go thanks."

hayley replied sarcastically ready to punch the guys lights out not caring that she was in public or that she was the chiefs daughter and would most likely get in trouble for public disturbance. there was no way in hell she was going to let some guy grab her like this. 

"hey she said let her go."

emmett said calmly trying to restrain himself from lunging at the mortal boy.

"and who are you?"

"i'm the guy that's going to kick your ass if you don't leave my girl alone."