2.4

third pov 

for the very first time in a while, hayley rose swan was actually nervous. it was friday and she was due to have dinner with charlie and her sister. she didn't want to go but she already told her mates that she was going. 

"don't worry love, just remember we'll be there with you and so will charlie." 

rose was dressed in a dark pair of jeans with a white single underneath a black coloured cardigan. casual yet classy. 

hayley was dressed in a pair of high waisted light wash jeans with a black belt tied around them. she also wore a short sleeved white t-shirt that was tucked into her jeans with a black pair of converses. it was the perfect combination of chic and simple. 

emmett was dressed in a pair of jeans with a plain black shirt and his leather jacket with a pair of boots. badass yet also simple. 

"i know, it just don't want to deal with bella at the moment.."  

"come on you two we don't want to be late." 

rose continued walking out the front door and to the jeep. 

emmett picked up hayley and sped to the jeep, buckling her in before he got into the drivers seat. 

"just stay next to us alright babe." 

"i will." 

the drive to the swan residence was short and was filled wit comfortable silence. hayley spent her time watching the stars above in the night sky while rosalie sent occasional glances towards emmett who did the same thing. 

when the trio did arrive at their destination, emmett picked hayley up and carried her to the door despite her protest and demands for him to put her down. 

"are you sure it's not too late to turn around?" 

hayley asked emmett and rosalie worriedly. she just like rosalie was worried about her anger spiking, she didn't want that to happen. at least not in front of charlie. 

"come on love, we'll only be here for about an hour then we can leave. charlie just wants to see how your doing." 

rosalie said raising her fist to knock on the door ignoring hayley's protests.

 knock 

knock 

the trio waited for a few seconds before the door was finally opened by charlie who greeted them with a small smile. 

"hey you three, come on in." 

together the three mates walked into the dining room and sat down at the table. in the kitchen, was bella who was cooking a roast as well as roasted vegetables. hayley felt herself freeze when she caught the sight of her younger sister. she stood there frozen for a few seconds before she was gently tugged by rosalie who gave her a smile of reassurance. 

"it's gonna be alright." 

"it smells good in here." 

emmett told charlie trying to be polite. 

"bells is the one who cooks around here. i can't cook at all." 

hayley felt a chuckle creep its way up her throat as she sat down next to rosalie. 

"you got that right." 

sitting down, hayley giggled at charlie who only gave her a playful glare as his response eliciting more giggles from the teen. 

after settling at the table, our three mates spent the next half an hour talking to charlie, well it was mainly emmett talking to charlie about the baseball game that had just passed while rosalie and hayley talked about random stuff to entertain themselves as they waited for the food.