2.3

third pov 

hayley sat in the back seat of her lovers jeep motionless as she stared at out the window and at the passing scenery. rosalie and emmett stared at their human lover in despair, they knew how miserable she must be feeling. they were in the same situation as she was at a point in their human lives.

rosalie was betrayed by the man she loved the most when she was raped and brutally murdered by the man of her dreams. emmett experienced the same pain his mate was feeling when his ex-girlfriend cheated on him with his cousin.

even though they might not have been as close to their loved ones as hayley was to bella, they still understood the pain their mate must have been going through.

the journey home back to forks was long and quiet with no one saying a word. rosalie and emmett were left stumped because no matter what they said or how hard they tried during the car ride, hayley didn't respond to them at all and just continued to stare outside of the window. the only time hayley did talk during the trip back to forks was when they stopped into a gas station and hayley asked if she could grab something to eat.

the vampires wanted nothing more than to scoop their mate into their arms and to cuddle in bed and watch movies with her all day. but they had the stinging feeling that no even that would work.

when they did get back to the cullen house, the human girl waited on the porch as her two lovers sped through the house turning all of the lights back on. soon enough, the house that hayley had grown to love so much was filled with light just like it should've been.

when the pair of immortals were finished, emmett picked hayley up and ran into their room to put hayley onto the bed while rosalie had gone to the kitchen to heat up hayley's leftover pie and sausage roll that she had gotten from the gas station on their way back to forks. rosalie wanted to cook something or her mate but she couldn't because they had to go get more food from the supermarket since the food had gone off and had to go out.

she was left sad however when hayley didn't want to eat the left-over savoury food. frowning, rosalie gave the plate of food to emmett who threw it away

"get some sleep ok hayley?"

rosalie spoke placing a fluffy grey blanket over hayley's pajama clad body. while emmett stuck the plate into the sink downstairs. hayley once again didn't respond and instead rolled over onto her side so that she was facing the forest. hurt made its way across rosalie's and eventually emmett's face when he got back at their mates lack of response.

they desperately wanted hayley to speak to them but knew that all she needed right now was space. so when they were certain she was asleep, they went downstairs and sat down on the couch.

"i want to kill isabella."

rosalie growled through gritted teeth as she glared heatedly at the window in front of her.

"rose."

"no emmett, don't rose me alright?! this is all that stupid human's fault. everything that has happened has all been because of isabella! the incident with james, the incident where she was nearly attacked by those bastards! it was all isabella's fault! and now our mate is depressed 

because that bitch was too selfish to take a few hours of her time to visit hayley!"

rose's now black eyes glared into emmett's.

"i'm angry too rose believe me i am. but there is nothing we can do until but make it up to her. we have to focus on hayley for now until she feels better."