THREE/KHARI SAGE

K H A R I

Khari was backstage brushing his hair, getting ready for his performance. His friend Cameron was headlining a poetry tour and tonight was their second night in New York. Khari was excited because he was finally back home in Harlem. He hadn't been home in a while due to him traveling and making business deals. He was on the verge of making a successful publishing company.

Khari looked himself over and sprayed his YSL cologne on his body and did a quick prayer before he went out. Khari was very confident in his work so he knew he would do fine but he prayed anyway because it doesn't hurt to talk to God. He walked out of the small dressing room walking towards the stage. One of the workers at the small venue handed him a bottle of water. Khari took a small sip as he heard his name being called.

As he walked up he heard some cheers and claps from supporters. He waved to them and sat on the stool with his mic in front of him.

"Yo Harlem. How y'all feelin'?" He asked the crowd. They cheered signaling that they were good. "That's what's up, I got a lil something for y'all." He said. Khari took a deep breath before reciting his piece.

Khari spoke smoothly. He wanted the crowd to feel where he was coming from. Every line, every word he put emotion into it. With the specific piece he wanted to reel in the women most of all, there were some lines that men could relate to but he was all for the ladies. Khari believed that if he could intrigue the women he had it on lock.

K I A R A

Kiara and Troy walked into the popular poetry venue, hearing the loud music play as time went by for the next performer to come up.

Kiara didn't really know any of the poets there but she's heard some of their pieces on her Instagram and YouTube. As her and Troy pushed through the people to get to the front Troy complained.

"All these damn people, like I know they see us." He complained. "These poets better be the shit cus all these niggas odee."

"Yo shut up." Kiara spat. Troy was annoying the hell out of her and she seriously didn't feel like arguing with him tonight.

When they made it to the front they stood in their spots and made sure they didn't lose them. The two waited for the show to begin as they waited Kiara texted Prince.

"Ima be right back I'm about to get something to drink." Troy informed Kiara before vanishing off into the crowed group of people.

"Hey y'all, how y'all feeling? First up we got my good friend, Mr. Sage." The announcer said.

Kiara immediately raised her head to the familiar name. She looked up seeing the handsome man. She realized it was the poet she heard the other day at the cafe. Kiara was now interested in what he had to say. She thought if he was at this event he had to be good because she knew Cameron wouldn't just bring anyone out to open up for him.

Hearing the young man spit she was fully invested and wanted to hear more. His words did something to her, made her feel good inside. He was the first to ever make her feel his words. Especially about a love poem.

"Even though you don't want me, I want you.
I want you in my embrace.
Close to my body.
I want your warmth, your comfort." He said. He looked down at Kiara and smiled.
"Yeah, I want you." The man said looking directly at her.

Kiara melted inside, it felt like he was speaking to her and she liked it. She wanted more.

"Thank you everyone, enjoy your night and be safe." He finished his piece, breaking eye contact with Kiara and looking over the crowd. The young man waved goodbye and began walking off.