SEVENTEEN/ON PURPOSE

K H A R I
It was a new day, new week and Khari was ready for work. He was ready to bring in a new assistant. He didn't know what was going on with Julia but he knew something was wrong, he called her and texted but she never answered. Right now he just used Armani as his assistant. He wasn't he type to do pop ups because he never thought if drilling a shawty, if she didn't want anything to do with him then he just had to live with that, it wasn't his thing and he knew this wasn't his fault. He just believed that they had a better understanding and communication but seems like he was wrong.

He drove through the city, scanning the area as he drove and took a business call, he would soon have to go back to Atlanta for another event and business meeting. He actually missed it there, his home, friends and of course the parties and women. As he talked to his publication company that helped publish all of his issues for his magazine, he spotted Kiara walking from the subway. He switched lanes and honked the horn and rolled the window down.

"Ayo! You that photographer joint that work at Francois Magazine." He yelled as he muted his call. Kiara's neck swung in his direction, she looked as though she was ready to snap at the random guy until she realized it was Khari.

"Don't do that, I was boutta air your ass out." She snapped.

"Yeah, okay. Get in." He said pulling over, unlocking the car. She opened the door and got in. The two rode to the office as Kiara paid no attention to the young man, which Khari wished he could say the same for himself. He gave her his full attention. He scanned the young women down. Noticing the black heeled, knee high boots she had on which went perfectly with her dark washed denim jeans that went with her black turtle neck. She layered it with some necklaces. In the past weeks of working with Kiara, she never dressed this nice. Khari always admired her looks, but now, he was beyond amazed.

"What you looking all good for?" He asked licking his lips, glancing over at her.

"None of your business." She teased.

"Oh it's like that? Bet. You're fired." Khari joked, he tried to keep a serious face but he cracked a grin when he glanced and saw Kiara's face in shock. "I'm just messing with you." He laughed.

"You're so childish." Kiara said looking over him. She was impressed by his choice of clothing today. Khari always looked good in his fitted suits but today was different. It was like he was just not in the mood for a suit, his turtle necks and dress pants were just simple and sleek. The diamond chain on his neck made it even better, it glistened in the morning sun, complimenting his dark smooth skin.

"So what you been up to? Haven't really talked to you recently. How's the new place?" Khari asked.

"It's pretty good. Just gotta finish putting stuff up."

"That's good. I had got you a housewarming gift, or apartment warming gift."

"Aw thank you, appreciate it."

"No problem. It's just a plant and some glasses." Khari shrugged as the pulled up in front of the office and parked. They got out and walked into the building being greeted by Armani.

"Good morning Mr. Sage and Hey Kiki." Armani greeted the two.

"Y'all best friends now?" Khari asked with a chuckle.

"You jealous?" Kiara grinned as she strutted to the elevator.

"Tuh, she was my friend first." Khari shrugged speeding to the elevator with Armani.

The three got onto the elevator and then went their separate ways, thankful Kiara didn't have any shoots and she didn't have any work for classes due. All she had to do was edit some pictures and send them to the magazine editors for a new publication.