THIRTY-FOUR/ WHATS BEST

K H A R I

4 weeks later

As the day went on Khari sat in his office taking business calls. He had trips to make for events and of course it required him to go to Atlanta, he had to go to Georgia then Florida and then Vegas, but he was still considering Vegas because the last time he went there was for one of his college friends bachelor party and he promised his self he wouldn't go back.

"Yeah, I know, I might sell that house, my plan was to stay in New York for a few months but you know, a nigga found love and can't leave." He joked over the phone with Leo. "But when I get back down there next week we definitely linking up bro." He said as a knock was made on his office door. "Bet, ima talk to you later." He said hanging up the phone. "Come in!" He yelled out. His door opened showing Kiara with papers in her hand.

"Hey mama, what you doing here?" He asked sitting up, fixing himself. Ever since Kiara got her studio Khari let her go and Shayla has been filling in.

"Hey, I was dropping these off for you for Shayla, she had to run to get her other lenses." Kiara said as she put the pictures down for the new issue.

"Thank you." Khari said taking a glance at them. Kiara sat down in the office chair across from him and sat her head on her hand. Khari looked at her and she didn't look the same as usual, she looked more tired and she wasn't as cheerful. "What's wrong mama?" He asked standing from his seat and walking over to her sitting in front of her on his desk.

"Nothing, I'm just really tired and hungry." She told him.

"Bet, come on, let's go get something to eat, I can't be out here having my baby hungry." He said kissing her cheek and grabbing his car keys. "What you wanna eat?" He asked.

"I don't know, can we got to Applebee's or something?"

"Yeah come on." He said grabbing her hand. As they walked down the hall hand and hand. "Mani, we'll be back, I'm about to take her to get something to eat." Khari said stopping by Armani's desk.

"Okay, you okay Kiki? You don't look too well." Armani rushes from around her desk and checked her forehead.

"Yeah, I'm just tired and hungry." Kiara told her. Armani looked her over and nodded, Armani never saw Kiara look so bad before. She didn't look like herself and she gaining a little bit of weight.

Khari and Kiara headed over to Applebee's. As they were seated Kiara walked pass a table that had steak and the look and smell made her stomach hurt, she just shook it off and kept walking to their table.

Kiara sat quietly at the table and looked over the menu and all she could think of was pasta, just the thought of meat made her gag.

"Hi, I'm Johnathan, welcome to Applebee's, could I start you two off with some drinks?" The young man asked.

"I can take a sprite." Khari told him.

"What kind of tea do you guys have?" Kiara asked.

"Lemon, is that fine?" Kiara agreed and the boy went along to get their drinks.

"I'm going to Atlanta next week, you wanna go with me?" Khari asked Kiara.

"Sure. I don't have any appointments for a while since we're still new." Kiara told him. She rubbed the side of her head as her head was aching at how loud the music was. "I wished they turned this down, my head is killing me." She said frustrated.

"Mama you sure you okay?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, just, damn why they music so loud."

"Baby it's not even that loud." He laughed. Kiara got silent and continued to look at the menu. They next ordered and Khari order a steak.