FIFTHTEEN/ THIS WAY

K I A R A
Monday Morning
September 2008

"Okay, here's some money for lunch. If you feel like your uncomfortable in anyway, Ms. Gonzalez is here as a nurse, tell them you want to go to the nurse. Have a good day." Granny kisses Kiara's head softly as Kiara got out of the car to walk into her new middle school.

"Kiki come on!" Troy yelled as he stood at the top of the stairs.

"Bye granny, love you!" Kiara said running to Troy as they did their little handshake.

November 2019

"Let me know how everything goes. Have a good first day Kiki." Ms. Gonzalez said as Kiara and her pulled up to the familiar building. Kiara steppes out of the car and began walking to the door next walking in.

"Hi, Ms. Palet, Khari has been waiting for you. He'll speak to you about the company rules, pay, you're schedule too." The petite darkskin woman told me as we walked through the building. "Here's you're office." She said stopping in front a glass room.

"Wow." Kiara said amazed at how beautiful it was.

"Here's the photo studio." She pointed to the room across from my office. Next the two stepped onto an elevator heading up to Khari's office.

Once they reached the office the young woman knocked.

"Mr. Francois, Kiara is here for you."

"Um, what's your name?" Kiara asked the girl.

"Armani. Sorry, I was so caught up in showing you around."

"No you're fine."

K H A R I

"Baby, I have to get the door for the new photographer. We can continue this later." Khari said placing Julia on top of the desk as he zipped buttoned her shirt back up.

"Promise?" Julia pouted.

"I promise." Khari said pecking her lips. "Now go get the door so you can meet our new photographer and get acquainted." Khari said buttoning his blazer the sitting in his chair.

Julia walked to the door next swinging it open. Stopping her dead in her tracks,her welcoming smile faded away once laying eyes on Kiara, Troy immensely ran through her mind.

"Oh hey Julia, I didn't know you worked here." Kiara said with a smile, happy to see a familiar face.

"Y..yeah." Julia nervously spoke quickly putting a smile on her face.

"Hey Kiara, come in. This is my assistant Julia." Khari said moving to the side to let Kiara in.

Kiara walked into the spacious office next taking a seat across from Khari.

Khari sat in his seat across from Kiara and Julia sat beside Kiara. Khari pulled out a blue folder next sliding over to Kiara.

"So Armani showed you around, shes one of our receptionists, I sent you an email of everything we do here at Francois Magazine. Here's your pay and hours of work. We expect you to be able edit and of course take photos. We do have editors but in case there's a way you do things or see things we do expect you to speak up. Basically everyone in the photography department works for you." He chuckled.

"Okay cool. Anything you want me to start on?" Kiara asked.

"If you want to get comfortable with the studio and you're work space you can start there. We don't need you until 2 for a photo shoot. Also I already contacted your school and I organized you're work schedule to fit with your class schedule." He said standing

"Thank you." Kiara said beginning to stand as well.

"Welcome to the Francois company." Khari said with his hand out for her to shake. "Any questions you have you can ask Julia."

The group began walking towards the door.

"Now how do you two know each other?" Khari asked smiling at the two.

"Oh she-" Kiara began.

"Through a mutual relationship. Her best friend Troy. Great man." Julia spoke.

"Oh cool."

K I A R A

Kiara scrunched her face in confusion, why didn't she just say that Troy was her man? Why was she acting so weird? Kiara shrugged it off as the three continued walking.

"I'll come check on you later, just to see how your doing and to come with you to your shoot." Khari told Kiara before they went their separate ways.

"Thank you, I appreciate it."

Before walking to her office she took one last look over the young man and admired his looks and his kindness. Kiara snapped herself out of her daze and began walking to her office. She couldn't possibly have a crush on her new boss, it wasn't appropriate.

As she sat in her office she FaceTimed Troy and showed him around.

"I didn't know Julia worked here too."

"Oh, she definitely did tell me she worked for some magazine but I ain't know that one." He shrugged.

Kiara heard a light knock on the door. She looked over to the widow seeing Khari.

"I'll call you back." She told Troy as she hung up and waved for Khari to enter.

"So how you like it?" Khari asked

"I like it, it's really nice. I really like the fact there's a lot a sunlight coming through." Kiara beamed.

"Great, you wanna head over to the studio now?" He asked nodding his head in the direction to the door.

"Uh, yeah, let me just grab my things." Kiara said walked over to her camera bag, grabbing her camera an lastly her phone. The two headed to the photo studio. Khari gave Kiara a proper introduction next beginning her shoot. Khari stood in the back as he watched the young women work her magic.