FOURTEEN/NO ONE

K H A R I

"Ah." Khari breathed heavily as he rolled over beside Julia, wrapping her in his arms.

"Damn, you did that like you missed me or something." Julia joked causing Khari to laugh, shaking his head at her.

"Because I did. I ain't see my women in some days because she's been working hard." He said kissing her forehead before standing and grabbing his towel to go shower.

"I mean we wanna be rich right?" She asked as she sat up in the Queen sized bed , wrapping the sheets around her body.

"You wanna be rich, baby I'm already rich and as your man I'm determined to make you as wealthy as I am." Khari said bluntly. "Ima go shower, you wanna join?" He smirked.

"No, I actually have to go run some errands. I'll see you later tonight?" Julia asked

"Fasure." Khari said walking away and over to the bathroom.

K I A R A
Kiara slid her heels on and stood from her bed looking herself over in the mirror. She walked to her closer grabbing her coat as she did so she mentally prepared herself for what was waiting for her in a few minutes.

"Kiki, The limo is here." Mfs. Gonzalez knocked on the door.

"I'm coming." Kiara lowly spoke. The door opened showing Ms. Gonzalez with her hand behind her back.

"Come sit." She pat beside her as she sat on the bed. Kiara walked over sitting beside her. "I'll hold your hand when we go inside. But before you go I'm giving you this." Ms. Gonzalez pulled out a heart shaped locket from behind her, next putting it around Kiara's neck. Kiara opened it seeing the picture of herself, her granny and sole random women. "The women on the left beside you is your mother, before she left and went to lord knows. You were only a month old here. I've never told you this but me and your mother were good friends, best friends at that. It was coincidental that we got pregnant around the same time and we promised that our kids would be the best of friends. When she left your granny and I became closer and she treated me like I was her own, that's why I treated you like you were mine. Every girl needs a mother and I wanted to be yours because the way your mother left you was wrong and I could never forgive her for it but your granny did, you know she was all into the karma bull crap, but I promised your granny, when she got sickly that I would care for you for the rest of my life. So when we walk into that funeral home later I will hold your hand for as long as you want me to, I will hold you for as long as you want me to and I will love you until my heart stops." Ms. Gonzalez told Kiara. Kiara was in tears and she hasn't heard anyone say in a while that they loved her. She's always looked at Ms. Gonzalez as a mother and she was extremely grateful for her.

The two walked outside and into the limo together meeting Troy and Karla. They drove to the service. Once they reached the funeral home they all walked to the front. As they got closer Kiara saw her uncle and beside him was a women, Kiara grew angry and marched over to him.

"Carlos you seriously bought one of your hoes to your mothers funeral? How high and fucked up could you be?" Kiara snapped. "Lady ima need you to move to the back." Kiara said grabbing the women's purse and handing it to her.

"Kiki.." Ms. Gonzalez bagan.

"No. She has to go." Kiara spat.

"Actually I belong up here." The women spoke.

"I'm sorry but are you high? I don't know you."

"Yes you do. I'm your mother Kiara.."

K H A R I
Khari turned his music down as he pulled into his father driveway. He stepped out and began walking towards the door and ringing the bell.