NINETEEN/ BAGGED

K H A R I

As Khari sat in Footlocker, watching his little sister pick out the shoes she wanted to gift everyone for Christmas, he thought about what he was gonna give to his employees at work for their Christmas party this Friday. He had two secret Santa's and out of luck he got Armani and his newest receptionist, Clifton. He already knew what Amani liked, he's known her for the past 2 years. She loved makeup, especially lipgloss, she also loved Bryson Tiller, so he thought to get her all access passes for his next show that was coming up in January. For Clifton he thought to get him some AirPods and a new laptop, he made beats and loved music so Khari was for getting him the best equipment possible to make his music.

"Khari, I'm done!" His 13 year old sister Nevaeh called out to him as she held boxes of shoes that were as tall as her.

"Damn, some of these better be for me too." He joked as he whipped out his black card and handed it to the cashier. The cashier and one of the other employees helped bag everything up, next handing them the bags.

"Thanks big head." Nevaeh said.

"You're welcome. You hungry?" He asked as they walked pass a jewelry store catching his attention.

"Yeah." She said not paying her brother any mind.

"Hold up Vee, let's go in here real quick." He said walking in. He saw a diamond white gold tennis necklace and immediately thought of his mother. She was back in the hospital and this time she may never get out, her clock was ticking and Khari was having a change of heart, yeah he still didn't like her too much but it's his mother and he had some love for her. "Yo, how much is this one." He pointed to it, asking the clerk.

" He pointed to it, asking the clerk

"Ah man, she's expensive." The man said, he gave Khari a look as if he knew Khari wouldn't be able to afford it which caused Khari to get annoyed.

"I ain't ask that, how much is it?" He asked sternly, crossing his arms.

"6 thousand." The clerk said.

"That's it? Mannn." Khari dragged out. Khari saw from the corner of his eye Nevaeh had a smirk on her face, trying to hold in her laughter because she knew her brother and she knew he hated beginning judged. Khari took out his card and gave it to the man. The man swiped the card and saw Khari was able to make the payment.

"Would you like it gift wrapped?" The man said embarrassed.

"Ha, you salty." Nevaeh laughed. Khari nudged her to shut up.

The man wrapped the box and Khari and his sister left the store, getting food and going home.

"Yo, you not about to eat all the damn fries." Khari reached for the fast food bag as they walked into his fathers house.

As Vee and Khari calmed down their bickering over their food they turned to see Langston, Courtney and Jean all sitting on the big sectional in their spacious living room.