ELEVEN/FIRST DAY

K I A R A
The day was just starting for Kiara. She put on her best outfit for her first day to take photos, she wanted to be professional but comfortable. It was her first day at Francois Publishing and she gave herself a motivational talk, go in there and do what she needed to do, keep her mind focused on one thing and one thing only. Thankfully she didn't have to get on the train and bus to get there, Karla offered to take her. Karla didn't want Kiara to be on that train thinking too much and then be in a funk the rest of the day so she decided to take her little sister to her first day of work and to pick her up. Karla didn't mind babying Kiara, though she strongly needed it.

"Kiki,you ready?" Karla asked Kiara as she waiting at the bottom of the stairs.

Kiara came down in her baggy ripped jeans, black graphic tee and Air Force 1's. The outfit wasn't what Karla expected, she expected some jeans and a nice sweater and some sneakers but not that. She knew Kiara wanted to be comfy but not like this.

"Baby. No" Karla was disappointed. "Kiki, this is your first day. I know damn well you want to make a good impression on these people. What if he wants to hire you. Not only as a photographer but as a actual employee." Karla told her.

"This is presentable, it's not too baggy. My shirt is fitted, it's just my pants."

"Go change, put on a nice sweater and no baggy jeans, you can keep the shoes." Karla told her.

"K-"

"Aht aht, change." Karla demanded.

Kiara huffed and stomped back up the stairs to her room to change. She rummaged through her bags and found a white sweater and some dark wash jeans with small rips. She changed into the outfit and looked herself over, she decided to throw her hair up into a bun and add some earrings. She went back downstairs showing Karla her outfit.

"You happy?" Kiara asked annoyed.

"Yes, you look cute and work ready. Let's go." Karla said grabbing her keys and bag and then heading out.

The two girls got into Karlas car and began their commute to Francois Publishing. Once they reached it, Kiara was ready to begin but Karla stopped her.

"Have a good day, if you need me, call me, I don't have to work so I'll be home. Just go in there and do your thing." Karla told Kiara giving her a little motivation. That made Kiara feel a tad bit better since she was nervous, she just played it off as if she wasn't.

"You know the vibes." Kiara said hyping herself up causing Karla to laugh.

Kiara got out of the car and walked into the building. She walked up to the receptionist.

"Good morning, How can I help you?" The older lady asked Kiara, she looked as if she could be around Ms. Gonzalez's age.

"I'm here to take photos for the website. I'm Kiara Palet."

"Great! I'll call down Mr. Francois now."

K H A R I

"Julia I can't right now. The photographer is on her way, I promise when I get home later I'll make it up to you."

"Promise?" Julia begged. She was missing her man like crazy, she was handling some family business, her brother just got back from college and she wanted to spend some time with him.

"I promise." The phone began to rang. "Baby I'm gon have to call you back."

"K. Love you. Bye." Julia beamed over the phone.