TWENTY/ FAMILIARITY

K H A R I

As soon as Khari walked into his Atlanta home he dropped his bags, next running to his couch and flopping down on it. He missed his home, it was one of his biggest accomplishments in his opinion and wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world.

He began to scroll through his phone, texting some people back and just being nosey on social media. He was then interrupted by a call from Armani.

"Yo." He answered, standing up.

"Did you land yet?" She asked as Khari grabbed his bags and headed upstairs.

"Yes, Mani, I landed, I'm home, I'm actually in my bedroom." He informed her. Armani was scared of planes and she was scared for Khari to get on to one.

Khari was in Atlanta for a few days to talk to his old college, he was giving a speech to the students for a lecture and then he also had an event to attend to for his poetry, once he was done with that he'll be right back in New York, running things.

"Okay, smart ass. You're chair is comfortable as hell." Armani said as she spun around in Khari's office chair. Khari left her in charge back home since she was the only one he trusted to sit behind his desk. He wouldn't have made this trip if he didn't have anyone to watch over things.

"Mani, don't fuck up anything in my office or ima beat your ass, you hear me?" He demanded.

"Got you boss man, bye." She sang next hanging up.

He shook his head and dropped his phone on his bed and walked over to his closet, looking for a change of clothes.

He took out a Nike tech suit and a pair of Vapormax's and laid everything out on his bed the heading to his bathroom to shower.

After his shower he got dressed and texted some friends to see what they could get into, the time read 4:30 pm and Khari was down for whatever. As he waited for some responses he chilled in his bed watching tv untill his phone rang, he looked over lazily but hopped up seeing Kiara's name.

"Hey, what's up?" He asked sitting up.

"Some of my shoots got cancelled for the week so I was wondering if you could email my professor and tell him I'm free for the week, I'm kind of falling behind in some work and I need to play catch up."

"Yeah I got you, what he need me to verify that you can come in for office hours or something?" Khari asked.

"Yeah, he just needs some verifications." She said, Khari nodded and the call grew silent.

"Listen Kiki-." Khari started but got interrupted by what he assumed was her boyfriend.

"Babe, I got the food." The voice announced.

"Ima call you later to check in, thanks for the email." Kiara said before hanging up. Khari groaned in frustration, he wanted to break the silence, they've been awkward around one another since the attempted kiss and he just wanted to make things right again, but it was like every time he tried her boyfriend was around and he was honestly getting tired of it. He just wanted Kiara to himself, he never thought he would be so hung up over a female like this because usually he could get them easily, all he had to do was put on his charm and poof he had a girl in his arms sometimes or in his bed which was the case majority of the time.

An hour rolled by and all of his friends from the city had plans already, either they were working over time, spending time with loved ones or just with their kids. Eventually Khari changed out of his sweatsuit and into something better, he grabbed the keys to his G Wagon and pulled off in the direction of the city. He then found himself at a local sports bar.