SEVEN/ THE RIGHT ONE

K H A R I

It was Sunday morning and Khari didn't have anything planned for the day. He decided to go to his kitchen and make some breakfast.

He threw the comforter off of his body and stretched. He walked into his bathroom and washed his face and brushed his teeth. He went back into his room and looked in his closet on what he was going to wear for the day. He picked out a grey Nike sweatsuit and his white Air Forces. He walked to the kitchen and began cooking his breakfast, making himself an omelette with bacon, tomatoes and cheese. Once he was done he poured himself a glass of Orange Juice and sat in his living room. He turned on Netflix and watched Lucifer.

Once he was finished eating he put this plate away and walked into his room grabbing his towel and heading into the bathroom to shower. Khari washed his body and his hair and beard. Making sure he was groomed properly. Once he was finished he wrapped his towel around his waist and ran to his room trying to avoid the cold air. He motioned his body and began putting on his clothes.

While he brushed his hair and beard he listened to DaBaby. As he rapped along his phone vibrated and stopped the music signaling that he was getting a call.

"Hello?" He questioned since he didn't look at the caller ID.

"Yo lil nigga." He heard his older brother speak. "What you doing today?" He asked.

"Nothing, I was thinking about going to the gym. Why what's up?" He asked putting him on speaker so he could continue brushing his hair.

"You tryna go grab something to eat?" He asked.

"I just ate but shit you paying?" Khari asked.

"You the big baller, I thought you was paying."

Khari rolled his eyes. "I'm picking you up or you scooping me?" He asked.

"You can pick me up." His brother said before hanging up.

Khari shook his head at this brother. When Khari was finished he put on his shoes and grabbed his watch and wallet. He believed a man should always have two things; his wallet and watch. All the other things were just extra.

He grabbed his car keys and walked out of this house. He connected his phone to the Bluetooth and blasted J.I. . He rode through the streets to his brothers house. He didn't live too far so it was a light drive. Once he reached his house Khari called him telling him to come out.

Khari wasn't paying attention until he heard a slight knock on the door. He looked up seeing his brother and his mom. Khari scrunched his face up. He unlocked the door for his brother but kept the back door shut so his mom wouldn't get in.

"Khari, open the door. We not doing this shit today." Langston told him.

"I ain't paying for her."

"I'll pay for her, just let her in." Langston begged.

Khari sighed and pressed the button to let his mother in.

"Thank you son." She thanked Langston. She put her seat belt on and sat back in her seat. She looked over at Khari. "Khari." She said sternly.

"Lisa.." he spoke.

"I'm your mother. Don't refer to me as my first name, respect me."

"Tuh." He laughed. "Get out." He insisted.

"Khari." Langston gave him a knowing look.

"What? She wanna come in here with her bull shit, she can get out. This my shit." Khari began. Langston continued to give him the look. Khari sighed and started the car and drove off. The ride was silent, Khari didn't say a word to his mother and she didn't say anything to him.