TWENTY-FIVE/ QUALITY

K H A R I

Khari was officially back at the office and he honestly was happy. He missed making money, even though he was making some even without a company but it was still nice. He missed his suits the most. As he parked his car he fixed his tie before heading in. It's been 2 weeks since Khari and Kiara made things official and Khari couldn't be happier. His head was up in the clouds and he was loving it. It was just upsetting that they couldn't spend the work day together for a couple weeks because Kiara was going through it in school and Khari wanted her to focus on her education before the business, he wanted her to graduate and become the successful young women he knew she could be.

As Khari walked into the office he was met by Armani walking by his side into his office.

"You have two meetings this week. One with the people so you can purchased the land for your publishing business and the other with the editors for the new issue." Armani informed Khari. "Oh and Prince Kingston will be coming in tomorrow at 4 for a photo shoot and interview for this months issue." Armani told Khari.

"Bet, Kiara should be back tomorrow for his photo shoot and Roman should be in as well for his interview." Khari said looking over the paperwork that laid on his desk.

"Soooo?" Armani cooed as she sat across Khari.

"So, what?" Khari laughed knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"How's you and Kiki, I'm so happy y'all figured things out and I can see your happy, you're glowing."

"What? Niggas don't glow." Khari tried hiding his smile that wanted to appear on his face. He didn't know what it was but just hearing how happy she made him made him happier. He couldn't help but smile at the sound of her voice, name, her presence made him feel welcomed and loved.

"We good, it's only been 2 weeks, Mani." Khari laughed.

"I know but, y'all connection hasn't been two weeks. What are doing for her birthday?" Armani asked and truthfully Khari didn't even know. Her birthday was in a week and Khari knew he wanted it to be just them two and he wanted to make it romantic.

"I don't know, I wanna make it romantic though. As her man I wanna top all her other birthdays and it wouldn't be me if I didn't splurge for her." Khari admitted.

"One thing I know about Kiki is she not impressed wit shiny things. All she wants and needs is quality time. Anything that involves you two being able to talk and have fun she's all for it. As you know she's a big ass kid."

"Yeah I know." Khari said. "Ima call my dad and ask if he still got that cabin up in the mountains."

"Aww that'll be so cute. Me and Troy. Never mind." Armani started causing Khari to laugh. He knew what was going on between Armani and Troy but they were going through the awkward stage that Kiara and him went through, they were both figuring out what the hell they wanted. Armani exited the office after their conversation, Khari began doing some work and filed some paper work. He had a lot going on now that it was 2020. He had new a business coming in, partnerships and him and his father were talking about expanding the company over into Los Angles or Atlanta. Khari chose Atlanta of course, but his dad wanted LA.

As Khari read some papers he heard a knock on his door. "Come in!" He yelled. Walking in was Kiara with two bags of Subway.

"Hey baby." Khari smiled at the sight of Kiara in sweatpants and her university sweatshirt, her hair was up in a messy bun and she wore glasses. He loved seeing her in chill clothing. He stood and walked to her next wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her into a kiss.

"Hi." Kiara smiled, kissing him back. "I bought us lunch. I don't have another class until 2." Kiara informed him.

"That's fine. I'd rather have you other than subway but subway would do for now." Khari grinned causing Kiara to blush a little and drop her head so he wouldn't see. "Stop looking down mama, let me see your face." Khari said lifting her chin up with his index and thumb next placing one more peck on her lips. The two sat down at the desk and dug into their food.