The Search

Thank you for reading Enjoy

The Search

Chapter 7

Cam

I could see the hurt in Laney's eyes when she plastered herself against the wall just outside the door like she was hiding from what's inside. Her breathing grew ragged and there were tears forming in her eyes. I looked into the darkened room and saw Sloan sitting there on top of him. Both of them obviously naked and were having sex before we opened the door. The look of pure satisfaction on Sloan's face made me sick.

"I'll get my things tomorrow Cam. I can't stay here." Laney's voice broke and as she turned to look up at me, the hall light reflected the tears in her eyes.

Fuck!

"Laney wait!" I try to grab for her but she slips away from me and down the stairs. I can't fucking believe Breyden would do this to her. As much as he's been going on about Laney, I thought this was the girl. Turning back to the room I see Sloan sitting on the edge of the bed while he stood there pulling on his jeans. 

"Fucking asshole!" I shake my head in disbelief.

I didn't hold back as I barreled into the bedroom and starts swinging at my so called friend. He swung back meeting me punch after punch, while Sloan being the viper she is, slips around us and from the room. She leaves my sight but I'm more concerned with this dick in front of me.

"You've got a lot of fucking nerve! Why would do this to Laney?" I ask him as I flatten his ass on the floor.

"I thought I was fucking Sloan, not Laney." His smart ass attitude only pissing me off more.

"Like you would ever know the difference. You don't have a chance in hell with her now. You idiot! What the fuck do you think you're doing?" I ask but just get a chuckle from him. Who is this guy, he's not the same person I've known most of my life.

"I'm gonna find Laney, maybe she wants the same thing as Sloan." He hits me once more.

I don't think so!

Fighting back I try to stop him but this guy is tougher than I am. Always has been. I can feel the burn of my busted knuckles and taste blood in my mouth. He's giving as good as he gets from me. With one hard punch he knocks me back and off him. Getting to his feet I see the shirt go over his head and he walks out of his room.

Getting to my feet  I know I need to find the girls then search for Laney. This asshole can't get to her first. Racing down the stairs I search the crowd. I need to find her before she does something stupid. There's no sign of the little blonde but I see the back of his dark hair as he walk out the back doorway and then I look around frantically for Laney.

"Where are you, Laney?" I mutter to myself. I don't see her.

"Cam? What happened? I thought I'd hang out with Laney until we can find Breyden." Quinn offers and I'm stuck breaking the awful news.

"Dude! What happened to your face?" Fitz asks coming up behind Quinn.

"Laney isn't up there, Quinn. Come on, we need to find Regan and her." I look at Fitz not answering his question but he already knows the answer.

We split up Fitz keeping Quinn with him while I take the back side of the house, they search the front. When I spot Regan's red hair outside I move fast out to her. He headed this direction too. I'm not gonna let him touch Regan.

Regan

As soon as we noticed that Laney was searching the room for Breyden, I started looking around for him too. He was all over her after the game right outside the locker room but for some reason has been MIA since we came downstairs. I'm not even sure I can explain it.