Winds of Change

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 33

Winds of Change

Laney

After another long day and security being tightened up the family has once again gathered around for support. One of the men who was at the club, the same one from the hospital, has been caught but the other, the one that shot Emma and abused Chelsea, is still loose. From what I've been hearing around here, he's worse and more unpredictable than the other. We're all to stick together until he's caught.

Breyden has been very busy for a couple days now. School has started up, our schedules don't exactly mesh to meet up on campus and I've had a guard with me everywhere I go. It's strange going into my classes with a guy in a suit and tie by my side, but I'm giving it a try. Breyden doesn't have a guard and doesn't understand the strangeness of this whole thing. The family seems to think it's just Emma, Chelsea, Tess and I that are needing to be watched. But I get the feeling there's something they haven't told me. Something that's eating at Breyden and worrying me.

Standing at the kitchen island in Georgia's home, I do my best to keep busy and help out around here. It's a good thing this house was made for large gatherings. Making note of the comfortable rooms that are so elegant, yet warm, sophisticated and at the same time homey. It's exactly the style I would like if I had the money the Bradford's do.

The soft golden walls in the kitchen with the long rust accent walls and soft pine cabinets and floors, make it warm and welcoming in the room where the family spends so much of their time. An Italian look of the room, and the glorious smells that were born here add to the ambiance. Meals are eaten together, whether it's breakfast or dinner, the family comes as one. Conversations roll from children to adults with laughter and love. Yes, this family has everything I could ask for.

I grew up in a house the size of this kitchen. With just the three of us in a two bedroom house, space was never really needed. I was loved by my parents and grandparents, but I was more lonely than I realized. Not having siblings or extended family like this, I see what I missed out on. Breyden believes we will continue to be a part of this family once we've moved out. I wonder if he's right?

I'm prepping for dinner now as everyone has scattered for the day. Vegetables need chopping, the meat is marinating in one of the two commercial sized refrigerators, and I've yet to see to the bushel of potatoes that need peeling. My mind is reeling with a mixture of thoughts, ideas for this future that seems so unreal to me. Living in a mansion that's made for an army, but as cozy as a cottage off the hills of Galway Bay back home, makes me yearn for my quiet moments I shared with Breyden before everything went crazy.

They were only few and far between, but I so cherished them. I was welcomed to his bed when I had none, we connected through those long nights together holding each other and talking of everything we could think of. Our friendship blossomed and quickly he took my breath away. Thinking of him, and our quick romance, I continue my work and hear the front door slam as several male voices become louder. 

I sense him immediately when he comes in. I know the sound of his walk, the simply male scent of his cologne. Two strong arms wrap around my waist, spinning me around fast, and before I can think Breyden is devouring my mouth. The knife in my hand clatters to the floor as my body is pressed firmly to his. He dances me around in a circle, walking me backwards until I feel the wall at my back. His passion and need fill me as each kiss deepens.

Our lips part for just a brief second as Breyden barely gets "Hi," out and is kissing me again.

My heart is pounding as each hungry, needy kiss sparks through my body. That ache in my belly coils tight, my body vibrates with desire tingling and cresting to every touch. His hands are rough and demanding stroking up my sides, his thumbs sliding along the sides of my breast. Arching into his hand his thumb slipped over the curve of my breast, kneading and teasing me, I moaned softly for more. My breath hitches as he nips down my neck. Suckling my skin he draws a soft moan from my lips.