Secrets and Resentment

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 41
Secrets and Resentment

Quinn

I've asked that the family not know my condition. At least not share it with anyone else that doesn't know. Including Tyler. Georgia promised not to say anything. She is the only one that I know is aware of what's going on with me. I don't want anyone else knowing just yet. If I can get through the semester, if I can just wait until Fitz leaves, then I can start to show, I can tell the rest of the family.

School is an issue or will be soon. I can avoid most everyone for a while but not forever. I can wear baggy clothes to hide my growing belly but only for so long. I can switch to online classes if I need to.

Or I can just disappear now.

Laying in bed later than usual, I can only wait out the nausea at this point and hope it passes before I have to leave for class this afternoon. Even Regan is starting to get suspicious of my behavior now. Scrolling through my phone I see that there were several messages already for me from Laney, Regan even Georgia is checking in on me. I could respond but I just don't want to. I don't want anyone to know about the jam I've gotten myself into. I really don't want anyone to mention it to Fitz.

He doesn't need to know.

The doctor told me I had options. I'm young, I've got plenty of years ahead of me to have kids but I don't think I can end a life. I don't think after carrying a child for nine months I can give it up either. I don't see the options, as well, options. I'm having a baby. One I'm going to have to support and care for. I'm not sure where I should start.

"Hey!" The soft voice breaks the silence that is accompanied by the gentle knock as the door slowly opens. The interruption has me tucking my phone quickly under the covers. "How are you feeling? Any better?"

Regan comes in and sits at the foot of my bed. "Some. Sorry, I just wanted to sleep in. I thought it would help."

"I'm just worried about you, Quinn. You haven't been yourself in weeks. I know you and Fitz had a fight. I know what a jerk he can be. Trust me I know better than anyone how rude my brother can be. I'm sorry if you don't think you can talk to me about him, just because he's my brother. You can, you can vent all you want." She rubs her hand on my covered leg and I feel so guilty for not telling her the truth. "I'll vent with you."

"I'm not mad at him." I was, but I'm not now. I can't tell her that part. She'll only ask why. "I'm over it. I want to just move on and get this semester over with. It hasn't exactly been good for any of us. Except you and Cam, I guess." I can't even look her in the eyes. The more time I spend with Regan, the more I know I have to leave here. I can't room with her, be friends with her and keep this secret. Regan will want to tell Fitz. I can't blame her for that, it's her brother that's about to become a daddy. But Fitz was clear he doesn't want me. If he doesn't want me, he won't want this child. I don't want someone to take me because of a kid. At some point one of us will feel resentment over the situation, or worse resent the baby.

It's not fair to any of us.

"How about I fix you some tea and scrambled eggs for breakfast? I can skip my classes today and spend it taking care of you. We can eat chocolate, drink some wine and trash talk my brother all you want." Regan offers, trying to bridge a gap that I've created between us.

The thought of food doesn't help me. She keeps talking about ice cream and candy and chips and ugh. A shiver goes down my spine and I feel my body revolt.

Jumping up fast out of the bed, I make a mad dash for the bathroom, barely making it to the toilet before I lose it, doubling over and retching in the bowl. Regan leaves me for a few minutes then comes back in. Running a cool cloth over my neck and forehead before helping me up and back to bed.