The Beginning

Thank you for reading

Chapter 27
The Beginning

Blake

I heard Emma sniffling and knew her hormones were acting up again. Handing her my handkerchief I pull her against my side and kiss her forehead. My sweet girl is a sucker for romance. My mom is that way too. Looking down the row, I see Breyden's father take her hand and kiss it.

What the fuck?

The dude's hitting on my mom and his wife is sitting in the back row. Jessica has been hell bent on ruining this wedding by any means necessary. Including threatening the bride with deportation. Vivian and Georgia talked to her privately, which has me worried what those two are up to. Mom and Vivian tend to get in trouble when left alone.

Jessica still threw a fit several times after that. She settled down after a second discussion with mom and some time alone in her room. I'm not convinced she's done with her bullshit. After a third battle with mom, we put her in the back row since she refused to leave Laney be. It was a compromise she got to stay for the wedding and Laney got to marry Breyden.

But still.... Why is Jim messing with my mom?

Mom leans her head on his shoulder and sighs patting his hand and snuggling up to him. It's just as Emma has with me and is an intimate show of affection. One she never did with dad. Is there something else going on here?

Do they know each other?

I know my mom had boyfriends when she was young, before she met dad. My grandfather used to talk about her bad taste in boys until he stepped into the picture and arranged a meeting with dad. I don't know exactly what that entailed since mom never talks about it and granddad is long gone but I get a feeling there was a lot more to it.

My mom is a beautiful woman, I'm sure she had her share of guys chasing her. Granddad was pretty strict with her and I know she had a habit of sneaking out. It's where I got it from. I take after mom in a lot of ways. She doesn't talk about that time of her life much. She wouldn't have married dad if she was still in love with someone else.

Would she?

"Ms Finnigan! We need you to come with us!" As the agents voice called across our yard, I was quickly on my feet and moving past my mom, around Matt and down the aisle before the immigration officers could get halfway to Laney.

Mom joined me with Cade and Lance before they could get to Laney. Mom in her southern hospitality way was guiding the two men into the house without a fuss. As we moved inside I notice Vivian moving to Breyden and Laney, she'll make sure the ceremony is completed before these assholes can take her away.

"Now let's all be adults here." Mom is handling these two like she did us as kids. I hide my smirk knowing exactly what she's doing. "I'm sure we can resolve this calmly."

"Who are you to Ms Fitzgibbons?" The blonde knucklehead asks as soon as we get in my office.

"I'm representing Breyden and Laney as their legal counsel. I'd love to know how you were notified that Laney was here. This is a private family only event." Lance informs them that he's Breyden and Laney's attorney even though I'm not sure he actually is.

Doesn't really matter since I know he can get her off. As long as Laney isn't sent back to Ireland is all that matters. These two are determined though I'll give them that.

"We were tipped off that she is marrying Mr. Stafford for citizenship. She's to be deported immediately. " The dark haired guy tells us. These two suit monkeys are going to be disappointed.