Don't Walk Away

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 11

Don't Walk Away

Laney

We've been playing a very dangerous game of cat and mouse with Sloan this past week. Breyden has kept his word of coming to me at the library as often as he can without raising suspicions about us. Reed keeps a pretty close eye on him after practices and at the house so Breyden has resorted to locking his door and sneaking out the window the last couple nights. Reed I think is catching on to us.

We're going to need to figure something else out.

I can't say I'm not pleased with seeing Breyden this way. There's something about a guy who is willing to sneak out his window just to see me that screams romantic. Anything is better than not seeing him at all. I just don't think we can keep it up much longer. I've got eyes watching me in the library now and everywhere I go. The only time I don't is here in the admissions office. They can't with all the professors in and out and staff, questions would be asked that they can't answer.

"Excuse me, can you help me pull my transcripts?" A deep male voice asks behind me. I'm busy with my earbud in one ear and my mind wandering off thinking about Breyden, so I'm really not paying the lad much mind.

"Aye I can, you're name?" I switch screens and feel a warm breath against my neck quickly getting my attention. My heart jumps into racing speed immediately. Jerking the earbuds away from me thinking it's Reed and one of his damn pranks again, I hold my hands to my chest when I see Breyden standing there looking offended at me. "Ya arse! Ya scared a life outta me."

He doesn't smile or even laugh but pulls a chair over and sits next to me. Fingers reach for me and filter through my hair, his lips touch my temple softly brushing against my skin. Watching Breyden close his eyes I know my reaction bothers him. I don't even take a joke well lately.

"How many times baby?" His voice is soft and soothing to my ears as he rubs circles on my lower back. I shrug and look at the keyboard knowing he won't like the answer. "Laney look at me. How many times has Reed snuck up on you like that?"

Too many

I can't even believe this nightmare is happening to me. The tears burn my eyes and I look up blinking quickly keeping them at bay. He doesn't need to see it. Breyden already knows too much of what Sloan has done to me. "A few, it just takes me back Breyden. I'm sorry for jumping at ya. Why are ya here?"

Scooting a bit closer his lips reach mine in a slow easy kiss. Each kiss he gives me is so different it's unnerving at how well he takes my breath away each time. Sometimes he's full of rush and passion it explodes like fireworks between us, other times it's a wild forest fire burning through me. But this is a low banked fire just simmering on cold night. He's not a simple peck of a kiss man, it's all about heat and soul.

"I needed a kiss from my girl." His words made me breathless and held more meaning than he spoke. "Pull up my information baby or someone might get suspicious. Be at the library tonight and plan on a long study night."

"I'm always there for most of the night ya know that. What did ya have in mind?" I ask but I don't get an answer when I hear that familiar voice.

"I'm looking for Delaney. She was supposed to find a file for my Daddy." Sloan demands as if she runs the place.

"Breyden go!" I nudge him but the stubborn mule he is gets to the floor and crawls under my desk, pulling me and my chair in front of him as if the fit beast could hide from her. It's a fortunate thing my desk is closed on three sides or she would surely see him.