Choices

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 19    Choices

Laney

I'm going home today or at least leaving the hospital. After being here for two long weeks I'm ready to leave. I just don't know what I'm going to do. I've missed so much class that I don't think I can catch up before the end of the semester. If I'm not going to class, I'm going to lose my visa. And there is my biggest problem, my visa is missing along with my phone.

This little accident has certainly put some barriers up for me. Between lost classes and my visa I don't see how I'm going to be able to stay here. My grades aren't there to pass me, I'm so far behind I don't think I can catch up and I don't have a clue how to find my phone or missing visa. Now I've only added to my trouble with getting in with the Bradford's. I'm so grateful to the Bradford's and Drake's for what they did for me but I will need to pay them back as well. Just one more problem for my growing list. Adding to that and the least of my problems, I don't think I want to be seen in public anytime soon, I look dreadful.

I'm still sore and very bruised up with bruises all over my face and torso and a bandage where my stitches are. I'm alive and so far surviving even through my nightmares. I haven't talked about those yet to anyone. Breyden knows I have them but hasn't pushed me to know what they're about. I don't know quite what to say other than someone with light gray eyes are haunting me and I think that's the person who did this to me.

"Hey! You ready for a jailbreak?" Lance teases earning him a punch in the arm from Matt.

"Shut up asshat!" Matt growls taking off his sunglasses I can clearly see the hangover still raining down on him.

That looks like it hurts.

I heard about their bit of excitement from Georgia this morning while she was waiting for Grace to have some testing done. She also told me of Grace and her rooming next to me. I didn't know she was so ill, she never said a word when I saw her.

"Well sweetheart, we've gotten word you get to leave here. Want to go grab some greasy diner food with us?" Lance is still grinning and talking much louder than needed to irritate poor Matt.

"Oh aye, I do want to leave but Breyden isn't here to take me to campus." I sit up gingerly careful of my stitches in my side as I speak.

The two look at each other for a long moment. I start to wonder what I did for them to hesitate. Matt sits down next to me while Lance closes the door. It's going to be that kind of talk, huh? I'm guessing I should prepare for the worst. It doesn't really surprise me, I guess I figured Breyden would soon find someone else to occupy himself with. I've certainly been a lot of trouble for him. I'm stuck in here and he's still the quarterback of the team. I have no doubt there are girls waiting by the crowds around campus to get a shot with him.

"I take it Breyden is busy with a new girl and won't be coming by again. You two have been tasked with giving me the bad news then?" I'm calm and not in the least bit showing just how hurt thinking this is making me feel but then he never did tell me what we were or what I am to him. I assumed I was more but that's just my pitiful romantic heart thinking again. "You can drop me at the dorm, that's fine then."

It really isn't but I'm not their problem to deal with. The nightmares and my own fears are just that, they're mine. I hadn't really thought about where I would be going after I got released. I thought I had more time to figure things out. I'm not sure how the school will feel about me living in a dorm when I haven't been to any classes for so long. I'm not sure I'll even be allowed to stay here now that I've not been in class. The government may be wanting to send me home.