Whiskey

Thank you for reading Enjoy

Chapter 1 Whiskey

This beautiful girl hasn't been here more than ten minutes and I've already blown a chance with her. Man, she's got a fire in her. She's ripping into me, and rightfully so. All I can think of is how I can get back into her good graces, just so I can get her into my bed. Any bed will do, as long as it is her and me, alone for several hours.

I wasn't thinking about my physical response to her and I should have. The girls around us aren't going to let anything I'd like to happen, if they have a say about it. They don't, but the tension is definitely growing with each second that ticks by. I can feel the hot stares of the three girls that were sitting with me. They're sliding closer, crowding around us, listening to our conversation. I'm betting they're getting ready to pounce on Delaney as soon as they get an opportunity. That's how these girls are. Possessive of something that isn't theirs to begin with.

These girls work hard to get the attention of everyone in the room. They fight for the center of that attention and demand no one takes it. They dress to impress, and don't let you see them without makeup on or they're hair perfectly styled. It's just not done, it would be foreign to them. Just like Delaney is.

She's not like them, it's as obvious as the nose on my face. Delaney just looks around the party, everything here is foreign to her. She doesn't even notice that every guy is looking at her, taking her in and wanting to know who she is. Including me. She's taken my attention away from those girls on the squad. I know that doesn't go over well with this group, especially Sloan. She demands attention, especially mine. I'm getting tired of it.

Sloan and I had been together for six months. She's the typical wannabe California girl. Bottled blonde hair, tan skin and spends her time on Rodeo Drive shopping, or the beach. She's the lead cheerleader and it's expected that she's with me: The captain and quarterback of the football team. I have expectations to live up to for the team and this school. Sloan is expected by everyone but me.

"Are you going to say something for yourself?" Delaney is still going after me and I've dazed out, as if stunned stupid by her beauty. All I can do is give her a lopsided smile and nod. There's just something about that Irish voice that puts a smile on my face.

There are different expressions you see on a guys' face at these parties. You have the standard drunk, horny, and idiots, the flirty 'I'm trying to be cool' looks. Then you have the bored, annoyed and desperate looks. Very seldom do you see an honest, interested look on their faces. But I've got it going. I'm interested. Very interested.

"You got a lot of nerve talking like you own the place! Do you know who he is? Do you know where you are? You can just see yourself out, honey! You don't belong here!" Sloan steps in front of me, ready to fight for what has been slipping through her fingers for the past few weeks. Me.

Going home for the summer gave me a new perspective for my last year of college. I discovered what I really wanted for this year, what was important, and what I need to focus on. I determined what I needed to let go of and put behind me. Sloan isn't too happy about my decisions.

"Aye, I know who he is! He's the bloody bastard that left me sitting in the airport for three hours, after I've been flying for the past twenty four to get here!" Delaney fights right back with a passion I can't help but enjoy. Any woman with that much passion for an argument has to be a spitfire in bed.

"And I'm really sorry about that. I didn't know you were coming." I reached for Delaney's hand and brought her closer to me when Inoticed the anger in Sloan's eyes. Taking her arm and moving away from Sloan, I guided her away from the surrounding girls, to the other side of the yard. "Cam, can you get Delaney a drink? We'll sit down here and see if we can figure this out."