19- Sleepover

Arabella POV:

I stepped in my house with Ray. I sat down on the couch and Ray put my arm on a pillow before rushing to the first aid cabinet. He came back with a bandage, an antiseptic spray and a few cotton pads. He set the items down on the table and led me to the sink. "Hey, I can do it myself too" I said. "Let me just help you for once" Ray said. "Fine" I gave up.  He ran some water and washed my wound. It was a deep scratch or you could also say a cut on my arm. My muscles tightened as Ray washed it from the pain. I clenched my teeth and tried not to think about it, which was impossible. When Ray was finished washing most of the blood off the wound, he brought me back to the couch. He sprayed some antiseptic spray on the wound, which stung like hell and dabbed it in with cotton pads. Then he took the bandage and wrapped it around my arm. Man, he was good at first aid. My arm still hurt a bit, but otherwise it was alright thanks to Ray. I think I have forgiven him. 

"Thanks, go home now before something bad happens" I said. "Go? I'm not going anywhere" Ray said. "Okay that sounded abusive" I said. "Oh, I didn't mean it like that" Ray said. "I just can't leave you with Jeff still on the loose" Ray said. "Ehem, aren't you forgetting that Jeff isn't the only one who wants to kill me?" I asked clearing my throat. "And Liu then" Ray corrected. I gave a smile. "You can sleep in Kate's room, I guess" I said. "Really? No it's okay, I can sleep on the couch too" Ray said. "It's fine, you go ahead and sleep in her room. You deserve it" I said smiling. "If you're certain" Ray said. 

I went and locked the front and back doors while Ray locked the windows. I skipped upstairs and locked the windows upstairs along with the balcony door. I headed back downstairs to find Ray in the kitchen in front of the fridge. "Hungry?" I asked. "A little" Ray said smiling. I went to Ray and opened the fridge. I looked around for a bit and then took out a pack of frozen pizza. "I guess we could eat this" I said. I opened the pizza out of the package and preheated the oven. Five minutes later the oven was warm, so I put the pizza in for 10 minutes. I closed the door and looked at Ray. "And now we wait" I said. "Wanna watch a movie?" Ray asked. Wow, he is like the same Ray that I knew before he joined the survivors. I think I like him again. "Sure" I replied. I walked to the living room and took out the DVD bin. "Okay, you choose what we watch. But no horror movies okay? I've had enough horror for today" I said. "Yeah me too" Ray responded laughing. 

He searched around for a bit and then pulled out the movie 'Nine Lives' which was one of my favorite movies btw. "How about this?" he asked. "Fine with me" I said smiling. "What're your three least favorite movies?" I asked Ray. "Well number one is 'Slenderman', number two is 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' and three is 'The Exorcist'. I hate those movies" Ray said. "Why is Peregrine's Home so bad?" I asked curiously. "There are those no faced monsters and they just remind me of my uncle, so I'm not a fan of that movie" Ray said. "Oh right, should've thought about that" I replied, visualizing the monsters in my head. "What are yours?" Ray asked. "Umm... 'The Shining', 'Carrie' and 'Joker'" I said. "Why don't you like 'Joker'?" Ray asked. "Well, he has a fucking smile on his face too, similar to Jeff and Liu so yeah, that's the reason" I said. "Oh yeah, forgot" Ray said laughing nervously. 

6 minutes passed by and me and Ray just chatted. The oven then beeped. "Well the pizza's ready" I said happily. "About time, I could eat an entire moose by now" Ray said sarcastically. I let out a little laugh and went to the kitchen. I got out the oven mitts and took the pizza out. "Smells good" Ray said from behind me. I jumped at that. "How the fuck did you get here so fast and so sneakily" I asked him laughing. "A new talent?" he asked jokingly. I also laughed at that a bit. I got out the pizza cutter and sliced the pizza. I then took the pizza and brought it to the living room. I placed the pizza on the table and grabbed the DVD. I placed the player in the TV and turned the TV on. I switched over to the entertainment center and put the DVD to play. The movie begun and I sat on the couch beside Ray. I took a slice of pizza and took a bite. It was heavenly good. I mean I love Hawaiian pizza so no wonder I loved it. 

As I finished one slice, Ray looked at me and laughed. "What?" I asked. "You have a little" Ray said putting his finger on the corner of my mouth and wiping off a string of cheese. I laughed at that and also felt a little fluttered. "Is that a blush?" Ray asked. "What? No" I said trying to hide my face. "Hey, you don't have to hide that, it's actually quite cute" Ray said, his cheeks turning a light pink shade. I smiled a little. We continued watching the movie and eating pizza. As the movie ended it was 10:46 p.m. "I think we should head to bed" I said yawning. "Yeah, probably a good idea" Ray agreed. 

I got off the couch and went to the bathroom upstairs. I brushed my teeth and as I turned around, I saw Ray standing on the doorframe. "Can I have a toothbrush?" he asked. I let out a little laugh and opened a drawer, taking out a brand new toothbrush. I always had an extra, just in case. I gave it to Ray and he began brushing his teeth as I went to my room and changed into my pj's. They were black, with Snoopy on the front on the shirt. I came out of the room and saw Ray standing in front of Kate's room. "Why aren't you going in?" I asked. "I think you should open the door" he said. 

I walked over to the door and opened it. Sad memories flooded in my memory of Kate. I began sobbing and my eyes were glossy. "Hey if it makes you sad, I can sleep downstairs" Ray said. "No, it's fine" I said sobbing. "You deserve to sleep in here" I said, smiling a sad smile. "If you're sure" Ray said stepping in the room, facing me. He hugged me and I hugged back. "Good night" he said. "Good night" I replied smiling. I turned around and headed back to my room. I curled up under my blankets and fell into a deep sleep.