In a Win/Lose Situation

Katherine's P.O.V.
                          *******

-----------

I stared at the almost-winning team, slightly infuriated at their looks.
Team Spitfire is winning, and if we lose, we'll look like fools.

Leena laughed, mocking us and our team, causing Lonnie to cry and Blake and me blowing off steam.

I can't take this anymore!

"I'm going in." I said to Blake.

"Hey, hold on. Can't you see their sizes?!" He shouted at me. I ignored the Charmander and stepped inside the red line, which serves as the starting line.

"I guess you'll be my dinner tonight, huh?" Leena snickered. "Team Spitfire will bring home the bacon once again. You bronze-ranks are soooo dead!"

The cat had revealed her true nature from her mask. Instead of a friendly creature, she had turned into a vain mon and a real rival.

I growled as I readied my stance. The game for the final event was to get the blue flag first, and the total points will be 60.

I need to win this in order to reach the silver-rank. I looked at the scoreboard, and saw we're down to zero,while Team Spitfire has 59...

"EVERYONE... NOW, IT'S TEAM LEADER KATHERINE VS TEAM LEADER LEEEEEEENA!!!"

The crowd roared.

"Ready...."

Leena smirked, her long tail waving in the air.

"Set...."

I hunched down and readied a move.

"GO!"

I launched forward, using Quick Attack a couple of times like a furry missile.

Leena just ran at full speed, and without warning she shot a Power Gem, blinding me for a few seconds.

When I came to, she was already a few meters away from me, getting nearer to the flag meter by meter...

"Oh no you don't!" I shouted, and used a few Quick Attacks, getting nearer for a few seconds.

"Get out of my way!" Leena snarled and planted a kick on my face.

"No cheating!" I snarled back, baring my teeth.

After a few Quick Attacks and a few more runs, I was able to keep up with her, and for the last time I used Quick Attack and leapt on Leena; using her face as a launching board.

I crashed into the flag, hugging it like it was the end of the world.

"AAAAND THE WINNER IS.... TEAM
ALPHAAAAAA!!!"

I did it! I saved the team! Suddenly, Leena grabbed me by the tail and started shooting daggers at me.

"I'm supposed to win this!!!" She snarled. "You little brat ruined it!"

"Enough." A voice interrupted. "The little Eevee had played fair and square; and why are you treating her like that?"

"But I-"

"Stop it young lady!" Plasma snapped. Then she turned to me. "Looks like we had a new batch of silver ranks here!"

Then everyone cheered.

                   Narrator's P.O.V.
                          ********

It was already sunset. Katherine and her team returned happily, already elevated to silver-ranks, leaving Leena infuriated, and most of all, alone.

The cat stomped angrily out of the rescue guild field.

"Hello, Leena..."

Leena jumped in surprize, frantically cocking her head to both sides.

"Who are you? Show yourself!"

"Relax. I'm inside your head. I need your help..."

"And why should I help you?" The Persian asked.

"I can give you power..."

"Power, huh?"

"You know Katherine, right?"

"You mean that stupid fox with a purple scarf around her neck?"

"Exactly. What a smart cat you are..."

Leena snickered at the compliment.

"Look's like you really hate her. The thing is, I just need someone to destroy her. How about you?"

"Why don't you do it yourself?"

"Why are you asking me that?"

"I'll do it." She said with a smirk.

"Good... But first, you must close your eyes..."

"What now?!"

"You must do as I say!" The voice boomed, slightly infuriated.

"Whoa, chill. Temper, temper..." Leena says.

"Alright, alright. Close your eyes..."

Leena closed her eyes and listened.

"Think dark thoughts...."

Well, that was easy because she learned the move Nasty Plot.

"Think about your success in killing the fox...."

"Think about the nastiest plot you can make..."

And soon, after a few seconds, her eyes began to glow red...

-------‐--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know some of you hate cliffhangers, but I had to do this! Sorry again for a slow update. Okay, okay! Soooo I was kind of excited for the events of the next chapter, but then I realized I can't spoil it for you! (Hehe..)

So, I'd like to give a special thanks to Billycorn2002 for mentioning me and the other writers in the last chapter of 'Melting a Frozen Heart'! Stay tuned, everyone!

Word Count:725 words