The Dark One's Past

That day.

It was that day he realized, he could do so much more.

After being born, Darkrai had freely roamed the worlds as a young deity. At that time, the legends were at war against the violent Giratina, who was later banished for breaking the rule of eternal peace. The legends accepted Darkrai's existence, and together, they ruled worlds. Each had their own responsibilities, watching their beloved creation grow to something more wonderful.

Darkrai, however, was sent to spread hope and help those who couldn't help themselves. But instead, the only thing Pokémon saw of him, thought nothing of him but a threat, for all he brought are misery and nightmares. All those miserable years, he looked down himself and thought of his power as a curse.

It was then, Darkai grew bitter, deciding he'd rule the entire worlds and eliminate those who stood against his path. If Pokémon think nothing of him as a threat, then, what could be better to make their greatest fears come true?

He is a threat, after all.

The legendaries, who he once treated as brothers and sisters, failed to purify his corrupted mind. Taking advantage of knowing all their secrets, he managed to get his claws on the forbidden fusion stone, taking control of the powerful bird of destruction and death, Yveltal. Now having the power to spread nightmares and chaos, Darkrai sought revenge. This, he realized, was one the greatest things he could ever do.

Arceus, hearing the pained cry of his subjects awoke him from his deep sleep, doing the best he could do in his power to banish him, sadly including Xerneas' innocent counterpart to the outskirts of the world, where they lay asleep, threatening to wake up in a mess of a thousand years.

It was then that the prophecy was foretold; a hero will come and save everyone, one that will restore hope and peace in the entire worlds. Giratina was given a second chance to change and the once violent dragon proved it well.

Darkrai will soon reach his power's full potential in his wake, and with a hero to fight against, will sure make him even more furious. Up to this day, he sought revenge and one day, he will succeed with his plans.