Them

Narrator's P.O.V.
*****

Lonnie had her eyes shut tight, expecting it to hit her again. She was dissappointed at herself. Of course, she still has many things to do in her life, like helping Kate, live a lifetime with Blake, and especially her father, and become a great rescuer! It was too bad, but at least, she'd be with her mother, Ellie, who'd been waiting to be with her for once, and finally cease her wounds' excruciating pain.

Or so she thought.

Her ears caught the sound of Norsoe's agonizing scream with a shatter of a glass-like substance. The Leafeon opened her eyes to find shards of ice scattered around her in a protective circle; she wasn't dead yet, they had protected her. Kate had protected her. The Glaceon stood before her in a defensive posture, and sooner than she knew, she was safe in Blake's arms.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't even protect you..." Were the words he uttered before inching both of them away. Lonnie tried to assure him that she just 'fine', but of course, this time, he didn't even try to believe her. He knew she was lying through her tannish brown eyes. Kila just whimpered, watching her companions in grief.

"As expected." The devious legendary smirks. "I guess you were just in time to save your friend, little hero."

"Y-You... c-call that on time?" Kate asked, repressing her trembling fear. "Why? D-Did you really have to include my friends on this? It wasn't their fault!"

"I know that it's not theirs, little hero." Norsoe cackled, liking how much her paws shook at the sight of him. She feared him now, he knew. "All of this, is on you."

"Don't believe him-" Philip cried in defense, but the latter shut his muzzle at the impact of Darkrai's glare. Kate looked away into the dirt in guilt. She was responsible for this, as the ice fox had believed.

"You're right, little hero." He coaxes, wanting her to believe. "You brought your own friends to this. That's all thanks to you; a magnet of tragedy such as yourself. Awful truth, isn't it? Hmm, what should I do next?"

"Kate, snap out of it!" Blake shouts, trying to convince her.

"D-Don't make me get up... and go to you... K-Kate..." Lonnie rasps weakly. "You know... it's not y-your fault!"

"Ye... Y-Yeah!" Victini agrees.

"Shut it, you fools!" Norsoe snaps, unleashing his Dark Pulse. Seeing it aimed towards her friends, Kate leapt into action and threw herself right in front of them, taking the hit instead.

"No!" All of them cried out, leaving Darkrai with a smirk. The Glaceon stood shakily in bruises, looking over her shoulder as to inform them she's alright. Philip stared in shock, unable to move in surprize. He had never thought she could do this despite of her getting hurt just to get them out unscathed.

 He had never thought she could do this despite of her getting hurt just to get them out unscathed