An Unexpected Turn of Events

Katherine's P.O.V.
*******

Days finally passed, and it was finally Sunday. I smiled genuinely; for I was supposed to visit Shaunder today.

I woke up early in the morning, and grabbing my saddlebag, I emptied the equipment from its insides, placing them neatly on one of my drawers. I opened our basket, which contains the berries we picked.

Stuffing my bag with some of it, I hooked the latch and went out of my room, grabbing two bottles of Moomoo Milk on my way.

I scribbled a note on a piece of paper, for I didn't want them to worry about me. They promised me to take me out to town and pay for me at lunch.

We argued for that because of my reason that I can pay for myself. They ended up winning our so called 'debate', which means they'll pay for me at lunch, which was eventually fine with me.

I opened the door and went out, humming a low, slow tune. I pranced around the path, breaking into a song, and it seemed that some bird Pokémon started joining me in my singing.

{Different Summers: by Demi Lovato}

"We're like a melody with no words, 'till we figure it out, we sing la la la la, la la,"

I sang. Melodious chirps from bird Pokémon echoed through the forest, which snaked a cheerful smile on my muzzle.

"I know it's simple yeah, but it's worth; right until now, 'cause until now, yeah... Everyday's been like a dream world, oh whoah, but now you're not just in my head, oh no..."

That part made me somewhat blush, snapping me out of the song. Me and Philip? Was I seriously referring to him in that song?

I was blushing immensely, and I was trying hard to shake it off. What if I was in front of him?! That would be so awkward!

Embarrassed, I broke into a run, ignoring the saddlebag that was slapping against my flank.

It wasn't long before I reached the entrance of Silverlane Forest, the familiar blow of the whistling cold air striking against me.

I put a paw on the snow laden ground, and I started to blend in with the surroundings in the snow, for Snow Cloak is my ability. I grinned as I sprinted through ice and snow; it felt good to be in here as an ice-type.

I seemed to get more energetic and faster in here, leaping through rocks and ice structures, my long straps and scarf waving in the air as I dashed along. I've loved snow since I was a little girl, and being here is a lifetime's worth!

"Yeah!" I yelled to myself, as I passed through a Amaura. That is... until I realized... I knew it! I'm forgetting something important! I skidded into a halt, coming into an abrupt stop.

"Excuse me." I said as I approached the Amaura. "Do you know where the Beartic clan is?"

The Amaura just stared at me for a moment, then replied with a stutter, "H-Head east and if you reached a cave, head north. If you see another cave, then that would be the home of the family of Beartic,"

"Thank you." I said and went on my way. The saddlebag went slapping me on my flank again, and because of the heavy materials of the Moomoo Milk bottles, my side throbbed and ached all over.

I winced as the pain grew even worse, which forced me to walk. I stopped and took the saddlebag off, taking a glance from my side. It had a bruise which pained me to touch it.

Taking my saddlebag, I tightened the strap to prevent it from slapping against my flank again. I put it on my right instead of my left that had a bruise, which seemed like a solution.