Racing Heartbeats

Blake's P.O.V.
*****

I couldn't believe that Kate was reading love stories. For now, I see her sitting on a corner with Lonnie, the two looking highly intrigued on the book. I could see them ending with a small blush everytime they finished reading page after page. Damn, Lonnie looked so cute. It was early in the morning, and we were still waiting for Philip.

"Arceus..." Kate whispered. Lonnie's ears drooped as she bit her lower lip.

"Why? Don't worry; these two will get back together in no time after five chapters later!" Lonnie assured. Kate frowned.

"You spoiled it!" Kate groaned in disappointment. Hearing this, the grass fox laughed nervously.

"Sorry!" She laughed. "It's not my fault I read it already!"

"But I just brought this..." The ice fox whined and returned to read with Lonnie looking beside her shoulder. I chuckled; these two will make good sisters. Knocks interrupted, pulling Lonnie on her paws.

"I'll get it!" She called, eagerly, opening the door. Philip came in with the usual smile on his muzzle, eventually vanishing into a slightly open jaw and a blush. It was between subtle and obvious at the conclusion that these two had lost one's heart to each other.

Kate's ears dropped, and also, her face returned the blush. Philip scratched the back of his neck, and both of them timidly turned away with vibrant flames etched on their cheeks. I could see shy smiles on their muzzles.

"A... About l-last night..." Kate began. "I... I'm s-sorry that... it was... a... s-sudden move-"

"I-It's no big deal!" Philip interrupted. "No need to a-apologize about it! It's one small thing!"

"Uh... guys? Shouldn't we address the Donphan in the room?" I asked.

"N-No need!" They synched. I nodded sarcastically and observed. They were behaving more awkwardly, and both of their faces were tinted with timid blushes. Lonnie was staring at them, trying hard to conceal her excited squeals. Kate was fiddling with her long Glaceon straps with an open blush. Philip was turning back, muttering quiet sentences which I was unable to hear. The 'thing' that happened last night? Hmm, I'm not to sure about this, but I might know a thing or two about it...

Flashback

I watched as Kate closed the front door, smiling brightly as she sat down on the table, turning to me. I laughed and crossed my forepaws.

"How's your date coming?" I asked. Surprizingly enough, she didn't choose to overreact about it. You know, like the blush thing'y? She managed not to do that!

"What? What date?" She answered slyly with a monotonous voice. At that moment, I saw that her face was shielding a secret; a subtle blush, which concluded something to myself.

"You hung out today with him, right?"

"Yeah..." Kate answered, but this time, she said it rather dreamily.

"You met today at the bookstore,"

"Yeah..."

"You had a lot of fun together."