Hidden Secrets

Lonnie's P.O.V.
*****

I stretched and yawned, getting up for the day. The fire was out, and it looks like I was the earliest mon to get up. I giggled in disbelief. Normally, I was always the last one to get up. Out from the corner of my eye, I saw Kate and Philip, huddling close like it would be the very end, sleeping soundly in their slumber.

I smiled at the two lovebirds. They seemed way more sweet with each other, different from the way only friends treat each other. It seemed to be a lot more. I stood, walking over my bag, unhooking the latch. I looked over and saw it had a few berries; Sitrus, Pecha, Mago, Leppa, and finally, Wiki. I grinned, knowing that they really did came in handy.

I closed the bag once again, sighing in relief that no one has touched them except for me. Blake awoke with a start, rubbing his eyes.

"Good morning!" I chirped, tossing a Sitrus at him, which he gladly caught.

"Thanks," He said with a smile. "And good morning to you too." Then he turned towards the others, cupping his paws around his muzzle. "Hey, Prince Charming, Sleeping Beauty and Watchog! Wake up!"

"Hey, wasn't it rude to wake them up now-" I scolded him, but I saw that they already stirred from the loud bellow, opening their eyes.

"Ugh, like hell, who woke me up-" Philip groaned, but he stopped when he felt Kate stir on his side. She yawned and smiled.

"Morning," She greeted, and frowned as her expression faded into surprize and embarrassment. The two foxes blushed madly and pulled away, averting their gazes aside. I laughed, giving them each of their berries, including Watchog. He gave a happy smile in return.

"You have my everlasting thanks, Alpha. But... I-I don't have a lot of Poké to repay you-"

"It's okay," Kate assured. "A genuine thank you is enough, as long as it comes from your heart."

"True." Blake grinned. Philip just looked solemn, hearing the word genuine. I'd wonder what was going on with that guy, though.

"T-Thank you!" Watchog cried, hugging Kate. She laughed gently and hugged him back, patting him on the back.

------

"It looks like some of you are slightly in bad shape." Plasma commented. Kate laughed nervously and looked down. "But you still carried on with amazing perseverance. I'd say you did a great job."

"Of course, ma'am!" I beamed. "Kate didn't call this team 'Team Alpha' for nothing!"

"That is true." Plasma chuckled.

"And one more thing: she just handled a huge Nidoking on her own! It was awesome!" Blake says. Kate's jaw dropped in disbelief.

"N-No I didn't!" The ice fox argued. "You and Philip handled him at first! I didn't do it on my own!"

"Well, after that, Blake got injured and I got unexpectedly knocked out. You're the one who took care of the rest." Philip defended. Kate sighed and averted her gaze.

"Right, fine. I... t-took care, of the rest..." She grumbled.

"And...?"