Broken Spirits

Lonnie's P.O.V.
********

I opened my eyes and turned at the clock on the side of my bed.

"Looks like its about six in the morning..." I yawned, stretching up.

I slowly got down from my bed and walked down the hallway. I looked up to see Kate, but she didn't look too
good. Did she had a bad night's sleep or something?

"M-Morning Kate..." I stuttered, scared about her appearance; it was obvious she was not in a very good mood. But surprizingly, she greeted me back with a smile on her muzzle.

I stared at the Glaceon; it was obvious she was faking it. But why does she have to fake a smile?

'What happened to her last night?' I thought. I knew her as a kind and cheerful Pokemon; let alone being quite sarcastic at times... but how did her spirits got broken in the first place?

I turned to Kate, who was now sitting on a chair, crossing her forepaws. She was somewhat gloomy, judging from her droopy ears and lifeless tail.

Seeing a friend in such state gives me cause for melancholy. And I couldn't let that happen. Blake had been like that yesterday, but her case must've been a bit worse. I need to make her feel better.

--------

"Um... Kate?"

Startled, the Glaceon straightened up from fiddling with her fork on the pancake.

"Uh-I'm f-fine!"

"I didn't... ask that..."

"Uh... o-of course..."

"Kate... you've been really gloomy this morning..." Blake sighed. "You didn't want to talk, you're only eavesdropping in the distance. This isn't the Kate I know..."

"Yeah... I-I'm s-sorry..."

Katherine's P.O.V.
*******

"Yeah... I-I'm s-sorry..."

I sighed heavily as I slowly opened a can of lemonade. They're probably worried about me.

Flashback

"That girl... is you."

"No! She can't be me! I still have my parents! They're my only family left!"

"Katherine... they did what is have to be done. They're-"

"What?! Are you going to say they're gone?! How could you! Argh! If it weren't for that stupid prophecy of yours they would be still alive! Why did you have to choose us?! We- we could've lived a normal life if it weren't for you!" I screamed at her face.

Tears stained my light blue fur. Of all those years waiting for them... only to find out... they were... gone. I dropped to the ground, crying my heart out, in front of the wretched legendary.

"Katherine... I'm sorry. They're gone, and Arceus can't do anything with it. It is according to the balance of life and death. We must not do anything to upset it, or consequences will occur. That is not included in the qualities of our powers. It is not for us to control. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

I could feel anger and sadness burst out from me. They're gone... all because of that prophecy...

End Flashback

I'm not myself. My voice was shaking. My parents left me for some kind of prophecy. I knew about the truth. I knew about a big lie in it. You may have thought I was being sarcastic about this but no.

And the most painful of it was losing them. They failed... they failed to return home to me. For my whole life, I waited with open arms; to be embraced by my parents' arms. But I guess that day will never come. I... I lost them.

I gritted my teeth when tears threatened to fall from my eyes.  Memories came flooding back. I'm agitated and distraught. I never felt so lost in my entire life. Now... I really am.

One might say I'm a hardy, intrepid spirit. But... I always know... how weak I am when it comes to my heart and spirit. My spirits are fragile; one cause of misconception could cause it to shatter. Same goes with my heart.

Its all my fault. I had shouted painful words at Irazi. She's probably upset about me, let alone refusing to talk to me. I'm a terrible excuse for a hero.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey again. Soooo I'm kind of sorry for the cliffhanger earlier... I guess that didn't matter much now since I published the second one... anyways- Advanced Merry Christmas to you!

Word Count:710 words