A Blinding Reflection

Primtalia: School of Sorcery
Chapter Thirty-Four
A Blinding Reflection

Morning arrived early for me as I was quite eager to get things in motion. After picking up my completed gossipmonglers potion and bottling it up, I headed towards the dining hall where I sat with Vlad and Arthur as we carefully planned out the day so as to not make a mistake and everything seemed perfect.

Of course, that peace didn't last long as I heard Gage's stomping from the hall before he finally made it to the doorway of the dining hall. He scanned the entire room before finally finding what he was searching for.

As soon as our eyes met over the heads of students, I felt my body freeze up a bit, mainly at the face he didn't break eye contact in his entire walk over.

"What is this?" He asked, now standing on the opposite side of the table from me, holding up what looked like a newspaper with a picture of his scowling at the camera and looking away.

"Oh, I know! Yesterday's paper!" Vlad replied in my silence.

"Callando!" He hissed, flicking his wand at Vlad and causing him to go mute as he turned back to glare at me, "The school paper, _______, what the hell is this interview you did?"

"What do you mean?" I asked reaching over to grab the paper.

Sure enough, written there in big bold letters, the headline besides his picture read:

"GAGE NOXX THE INCAPABLE PREFECT"

I blinked a few times, rereading the title before furrowing my brows, "This doesn't have anything to do with me though?"

Glaring coldly at me, his voice lowered as he hissed over the table, "Keep. Reading."

Arthur and Vlad leaned their heads closer to me to read as well.

            "As everyone is well aware by the abundance of rumours this past year, there was an attack on school grounds! Of those involved, we knew the fifth year Etals prefect, Gage Noxx as being heavily involved – some might even have claimed h...

"As everyone is well aware by the abundance of rumours this past year, there was an attack on school grounds! Of those involved, we knew the fifth year Etals prefect, Gage Noxx as being heavily involved – some might even have claimed him guilty at the time!

Of course, looking back now, it's clear to see that he was really just framed! But did the school really catch the right perpetrator, or did they catch someone who had their memories perhaps altered to believe they were guilty?

I was fortunate enough to get an exclusive interview with _____ ______, a third year who was also heavily involved in the entire situation! From whether or not she believes Antonio Fernandez of being the true mastermind who did what he did to become Talian prefect to detailed examples of how incapable the Etal's prefect, Gage Noxx was in solving a little mystery to whether or not Delun Eltanin really does have anything to do with the current affairs at our school, here's what ______ ______ has to say!"