(40)

He hummed, it was like he was trying to distract himself from the heinous crimes he was commuting. I remember all the warmth around me, the sticky warmth that oozed out of my body as he continued to stab me.

To be honest, it felt like punches. Just jabs after jabs to my stomach. It didn't feel like a knife entering and being ripped out of my body.

"Wake up," He sang, straddling me. "Wake up, Mrs. Shelby!" Oliver slapped my cheek with one hand and pressed the blade of the knife to the side of my neck.

I winced, my eyes rolling open. My heart beat was slowing down. I was getting weak. To see him on top of me, I knew I was going to die in that moment. I fucking knew it! And yet, I laid there. Defenceless.

"I would fuck ya," He says quickly. "But I reckon a whore like youse got the clap."

Then, he grabbed a fistful of my hair and pulled. It felt like he was trying to rip my head off of my neck, but all he was trying to do was get a good angle of my exposed neck.

I screamed as he cut my neck. Slicing into my skin, I could feel every tear. I didn't know what else to do. I was useless.

That's when I heard Tommy voice...

Fight, Jade. Fuckin' fight him! Save yourself.

It jolted me into moving. I weakly grabbed his wrist, slowly making my way up his arm. My nails were long enough for me to scratch him.
Oliver screamed, removing the knife form my neck to punch me in the face. I heard a buzzing in my ear, and once I cracked open my eye, I saw him raising the knife extremely high. Positioning it to stab me one final time.

Now! Tommy shouted.

That was when I used all my strength, I reached for his face. I knew I got his eyes and I dug my thumbs into his eye socket. Oliver wailed, falling back on his butt. Adrenaline forced me to move.
I managed to stumble on my feet, I felt a heaviness in my stomach and when I looked down, I could see my inners begin to pour out of me. He had stabbed me so many times, a hole developed in my side. My insides were no longer inside of me.

I didn't make it three steps before I latched onto the hospital bed Jacob laid on. I cried so much, looking at him. It was like he was sleeping, but there was such a huge tear along his neck. I heaved, pressing my eyes shut to try and relieve myself of the pain I felt.

"Jacob!" I cried, begging my brother to wake up. "Jacob!!"

Oliver was screaming still, I turned my head quickly and saw something I never dreamt I could see. I had popped his eyes right out of the socket. And he couldn't put it back in.

I knew then was my chance to run. I looked down at Jacob, who looked as if he was sleeping. My Jacob. My twin. My brother.

I was holding onto him with my dear life. I couldn't walk, I couldn't do much except weep.

"Jade!" Thomas's voice echoed throughout the house. I heard him, I heard him!

I raised my head as he ran into the room. Thomas's hands had blood on it, I assumed it was because he had checked on Ellie first. Oh Ellie, my heart broke for her.

His eyes went so wide, I've never see Tommy so scared before. He slowly approached Jacob and I before noticing Oliver. He couldn't see a thing, blinded by his injury. He pointed a gun right at Thomas. Who had put a finger to his mouth, telling me I needed to stay quiet.