(44)

Laughs fill the house as Tommy and Jade lay in bed. They recall the moment they wed, a night that was far too chaotic than the two ever expected.

"I just remember seeing you walk towards me, and," He inhales only to sigh. I can't believe you're mine. "You blew my mind away..."

"Did you love me... then?" Jade smiles at the words that come out of her mouth, she's playing with him.

"Yes." He nods looking at the ceiling, snaking his arm around Jade to bring her in closer. "Did you?"

She drums her fingers over his chest, her eyes meet Tommy's. "I did."

Jade didn't even have to think twice, she knew was madly in love with him. To be fair, it happened the moment he intervened in the fight William and her were having. Her knight and shining armour. He made her ravenous, she wanted him ever since then.

She breaks into a grin and Tommy helplessly flushes. He remembers the way his mum looked at his dad, that smile on her face was shy and nervous, Tommy feels the same way about Jade, as his mum felt about his dad. Of course, the more Tommy's dad drank, the less Tommy's mum found him to be the love of her life. Things disintegrated between his parents, and in that second Tommy stares at his wife, all he could do was pray that things don't disintegrate between Jade and him.

"I'll always love you." He whispers, combing a hand through her hair. "You hear me?"

She blushes, raising her head to kiss him softly. "I love you, always."

"Hmm, say that again, and again." He hums against her lips.

This was the first time she had allowed him to touch her. All Tommy had for months was the memory of her. He dreamt constantly of the way her body felt against him. The warmth of being inside of her. The way her mouth part and her eyes would fill with love and want. Her hot skin against his tongue. The way she tasted. Jade Shelby, his wife!

What? She won't let you fucking touch her?! He could still hear Arthur's voice on the other end as he told him. Well maybe you ought to fuck a whore in London, I heard there are plenty of those over in the city. Tommy has hung up the line and buried his hands into his hair. For once in his life, he didn't want to resort to fucking other women. Of course he didn't have the balls to admit that to his grotesque brother but, it was true, Tommy didn't want to fuck another woman. He had no desire to. The only thing he wanted was his wife, and he had to control to turn women away. Because he only had his eyes on her.

It's been her all along. Ever since he laid eyes on her, in that stupid club where she was dancing with barely anything on.

"What are you thinking about?"

Jade gently pokes at Tommy's nose, which makes his attention draw back to her.

"You." He reveals.

And of course, the moment between the two shatters when there's a chorus of knocks on the door.

"Don't be scared." Tommy looks at Jade, who sits up and covers herself.

"Should I be?"

"No."

"Okay then," She grabs the blanket with her body. "Tommy,"

"What?"

"Don't be scared." She tells him, without meaning to be an arsehole.

He stops in his tracks of attempting to locate his gun and settles into her words. Don't be scared. She's right, Tommy decides, and grabs his boxers. He puts them on quickly and leaves a peck on her forehead before walking away.