(63)

I awake to the softest kisses on my cheek, my eyes open to the sight of Thomas. The smell of his aftershave tickles my nose.

"I didn't want to wake you, but I've got to go." Tommy covers my naked body with the silky duvet.

"You're leaving for work?" I try to raise my hand but find out that it's tucked under my pillow. I notice the slightly rainy day poking through our curtains.

"What time is it?" I'm groggy from last nights late activities.

"A little past nine." He clears his throat, and I smell bananas.

"Oh." I shut my eyes again. I've been sleeping for quite sometime. "Did you have the banana bread without me?"

"I wanted you to sleep." He's still whispering,
I blush.

"I love you." I grab a hold of his blazer and pull him closer to me.

Thomas kisses me gently.

"Jade, don't forget about what we agreed on. No more Maggie until I talk to Charlie, alright?"

"Alright." I sluggishly respond. "Be safe."

He kisses me once more. "I love you. I will."

Tom leaves, and I fall back into a deep sleep.

**

I awake a little past midday to the sound of the telephone ringing. I push the blanket off of me and sit up. Rubbing my face, I yawn loudly and feel an ache in my breasts. My hands shoot down to feel.
They're tender and sore, and I can't imagine it's from the playful sex Thomas and I had over the past 2 days. Wow, I think it's beginning to really hit me, I am actually pregnant.

Once I sit up, I hear the phone stop ringing and sulk imagining it's Thomas. I imagine him worrying in his office. Surely he'll call back. I fetch my robe and put it on, the marks from the lace I wore indented my body. I flush, before turning on the shower and let it run for moment.

The phone rings again and I make my way to it.
He always calls back.

I smile, picking up the phone. "Hello, Shelby residence–"

"Jade! Jade, oh thank God." He sighs into the phone.

I frown, feeling sleepy still. "Yes, hi. I'm here. You alright, darling?"

He sounds like he's run a marathon. "Fine. I'm fine. I spoke to Charlie about Maggie. That's his mum, Maggie is Oliver's mum! You're home alone, right?"

I blanch. The phone drops from my hand, my hand shoots to my mouth. What! Oliver's mum is... Maggie. What the fuck!

I can hear Thomas's stern voice come out of the dangling telephone. "Listen, she's trying to hurt you–"

Suddenly there is a huge bang at my front door that makes me panic, I look at the door to the bedroom and think about seeing what that was. I drop the floor hearing another bang, my stomach twists, I pick up the phone.

"Tom?" My voice breaks. I jump hearing another bang, and then another. Fuck.

Thomas hears the loud noise and stops. "What was that?"

I freeze, paralyzed. "Um. I-I don't know..."

"Jade! Jade, listen to me. Go into me study, I've got a gun in the safe, the password is 080929." I hear the date we met and pale. "Jade, go now. Fuck!"

Fuck indeed.

"I'm leaving the office now, I'll be there in no more than 10 minutes. Jade, listen to me, you shoot her, otherwise she'll kill you. Do you hear me!"